PDA

View Full Version : Good deal here on a Kindle book for Civil War buffs....Glory Road

Darrell KSR
11-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Pulitzer Prize-winning author Bruce Catton has Volume Two of his Army of the Potamic Trilogy, "Glory Road," on sale in the Kindle version for $1.99.

That may be the regular price; I don't know--the digital list price is claimed to be $15.99, though.

5-star rated in the 44 customer reviews.

By the way--there are only two books in the "trilogy." I don't know why--maybe he has a third planned, but this is volume 2 of 2 books, and from what i can tell, a fine read a stand-alone book without needing to buy the other one, which is priced at $9.99 for Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Glory-Road-Army-Potomac-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B015DJ7DDE?_bbid=2431922&tag=bookbubemailc-20

KSRBEvans
11-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the tip--I'm picking it up.

UKFlounder
11-10-2016, 10:29 AM
It is a very good book. Catton was a good writer - sort of like Shelby Foote , he wrote in a readable style moreso than an academic one. Catton 's books - he also wrote a trilogy around the Civil War centennial,- are popular and good ones.

Why this listing only shows 2 books (the missing one is entitled A Stillness at Appomattox, and is shown lower on the page) is puzzling. It was a trilogy.