PDA

View Full Version : That was a well-spent stamp

Darrell KSR
11-08-2016, 04:23 PM
So...I mail this.....and receive it back a couple of weeks ago.

Anybody notice anything kinda funny about it? I mean, besides the mold and mildew that has accumulated on the envelope since the time it was mailed?

CitizenBBN
11-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Surprised it didn't come with a bill for storage. :)

You had the Halloween costume lost that same way didn't you?

Darrell KSR
11-09-2016, 02:30 AM
Surprised it didn't come with a bill for storage. :)

You had the Halloween costume lost that same way didn't you?
YES! I forgot about the Halloween costume. I also had a handmade holster lost for 3 months, or nearly so there.

Is it just my Post Office here?

blueboss
11-09-2016, 11:19 AM
My daughters two children both have birthdays a week apart in October. I decided to send them sweaty cash this year so I got them each a card and placed a crispy $50 in each one one them. Mrs. boss warned me not to mail cash and write them each a check instead. Since my intelligence is far superior to hers I convinced her that the kids would rather get a crispy $50 bill rather than some ole check. I then mailed them to their home in Chicago at the same time from our box at home.

Four days later I got a call from the six year old thanking me for the card/loot. When my daughter got back on the phone I asked about the 8 year olds card/loot, I was informed that she had not received it.

Bad news/bad news: I'm out 50 bucks and I have to tell Mrs. boss she was right about not sending cash,meaning my intelligence is not far more superior than hers (which as we know was a given).

Anyway, I waited a few more days to see if the lost card/loot showed up. It did not, so I got another card and wrote a check which meant I had to get another ear full from the Mrs.

Fast forward three weeks later to this past Monday... both cards showed up. The one I originally sent was all mangled up but the loot was still inside.

So now the one kid got two cards with $50 in each one, so the other kid wants to know why his sister got two cards/loot while he only got one. So guess what, now I have to go get another card and send more loot to the other one.

The money part wasn't as big a issue as continuing to hear the four dreaded words....

"I told you so"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
11-09-2016, 11:22 AM
lol--funny story.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

dan_bgblue
11-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Get one of these (https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Crossbones-Rubber-Stamp-inches/dp/B00HOYI50M) apply it to the front and back of the envelope and mail to yourself at work address.

See if that improves the service

Darrell KSR
11-10-2016, 07:21 AM
Lol.

Percentage-wise, they do great, I suppose, when you consider the thousands of pieces of mail they've handled for me over years. But it darn sure isn't 100%.