PDA

View Full Version : Well, I voted

Doc
10-28-2016, 08:44 AM
Will vote again tomorrow and the day after..... vote early, vote often

Darrell KSR
10-28-2016, 09:05 AM
If it's your patriotic duty to do it once, doesn't that make you more patriotic the more times you do?

suncat05
10-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Early voting starts here in my county tomorrow, so I am working. Already had a lot of people coming in to vote because of bad information put out by the Ft. Myers media outlets getting our dates wrong with Lee & Collier counties.
We have early voting starting this Saturday, running through next Saturday.
Truthfully, I am going to be so glad when this cycle is finally over. Or depending on who gets elected, maybe not...........

badrose
10-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Just got back. About a 45 minute wait in line. Not too bad.

DanISSELisdaman
10-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Early voting starts here in my county tomorrow, so I am working. Already had a lot of people coming in to vote because of bad information put out by the Ft. Myers media outlets getting our dates wrong with Lee & Collier counties.
We have early voting starting this Saturday, running through next Saturday.
Truthfully, I am going to be so glad when this cycle is finally over. Or depending on who gets elected, maybe not...........
suncat, since you live in Florida, what is your feel as to which way Florida will go. I know the polls has them running very close, but I'm not very confident as to how honest the polls are.

Doc
10-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Just got back. About a 45 minute wait in line. Not too bad.

Took me about 2 minutes. Asked my name. I said Juan Gonzalez, produced an electric bill with the name Juan Gonzalez on it. The poll worker asked if I wanted a blank one or one of the prefilled out ones (I took a blank one). She gave me a ballot, I asked for an extra one, then I asked if she would hold my beer while i voted, I then went to the machine, filled both ballots out and turned them in.

jazyd
10-28-2016, 01:19 PM
Took me about 2 minutes. Asked my name. I said Juan Gonzalez, produced an electric bill with the name Juan Gonzalez on it. The poll worker asked if I wanted a blank one or one of the prefilled out ones (I took a blank one). She gave me a ballot, I asked for an extra one, then I asked if she would hold my beer while i voted, I then went to the machine, filled both ballots out and turned them in.

you need to come to Miss, you would do well here, probably would get paid for each vote and if you could prove you are a preacher, the a mount triples

suncat05
10-28-2016, 03:53 PM
suncat, since you live in Florida, what is your feel as to which way Florida will go. I know the polls has them running very close, but I'm not very confident as to how honest the polls are.

I'm like you, I keep hearing how close this race is, but........I can count on one hand how many Clinton/Kaine yard signs I've seen, while there are Trump/Pence signs everywhere. Trump has rallies that are standing room only, and that's IF you can get in. Kaine had a rally here somewhere in Florida earlier this week, and there were only about 30 people there. Hillary's crowds are not much larger. So I am not getting a real sense that Hillary is going to win big here. She could, but based on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, she may not be as popular here as the media and her camp want everyone to believe.
Just my observations. Not sure how on-the-mark it is or isn't.

KeithKSR
10-28-2016, 03:55 PM
My Florida relatives are doing their part, they are all in for Trump.

DanISSELisdaman
10-28-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm like you, I keep hearing how close this race is, but........I can count on one hand how many Clinton/Kaine yard signs I've seen, while there are Trump/Pence signs everywhere. Trump has rallies that are standing room only, and that's IF you can get in. Kaine had a rally here somewhere in Florida earlier this week, and there were only about 30 people there. Hillary's crowds are not much larger. So I am not getting a real sense that Hillary is going to win big here. She could, but based on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, she may not be as popular here as the media and her camp want everyone to believe.

That's the same thing I'm hearing from other states as well. A friend of mine told me today that his uncle and aunt had just got back from a trip to New Hampshire and it was the same every state they drove through. Very few Hillary signs!

Darrell KSR
10-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Can't find a Clinton/Kaine sign, bumper sticker, positive tweet, email, or post in my general vicinity.

If I dropped in from another planet, took a look around a 300 mile radius of me, where I've been traveling the last few months, I'd say that Trump would win the election by a 90-10%.

badrose
10-28-2016, 09:33 PM
The yard signs in my neighborhood are about 3 or 4 to 1 Trump.

jazyd
10-28-2016, 11:16 PM
That's the same thing I'm hearing from other states as well. A friend of mine told me today that his uncle and aunt had just got back from a trip to New Hampshire and it was the same every state they drove through. Very few Hillary signs!

Have they driven thru the cemeteries, or Hispanic communities, by black churches, inner city?

Doc
10-29-2016, 07:42 AM

That Kaine rally was in West Palm Beach. Traffic was backed up 10 feet

Doc
10-29-2016, 07:52 AM
The yard signs in my neighborhood are about 3 or 4 to 1 Trump.

John's yard

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/a16f8a2d313618553557dcb355fa041eb6ecf9e69d903ed0b7 474618b3404879_1.jpg

badrose
10-29-2016, 07:17 PM
I don't shy away from political chat but yard signs is not my thing. Besides, there's plenty of Trump signs all around me.

Darrell KSR
10-29-2016, 07:23 PM
That Kaine rally was in West Palm Beach. Traffic was backed up 10 feet
5 people in line, eh?

dan_bgblue
10-29-2016, 07:54 PM
My drive to Minnesota was interesting from a yard sign standpoint. The drive included about 100 miles thru the country side in Illinois and the rest was on interstate highways. During the 2 lane driving, I saw a ton of signs for candidates in the local races, but I only saw 2 signs for the presidential race. I saw 2 Trump/Pence signs and none for Clinton/Kaine. I just figured that everyone was too embarrassed by the candidates to show support for either

CitizenBBN
10-29-2016, 10:00 PM
My drive to Minnesota was interesting from a yard sign standpoint. The drive included about 100 miles thru the country side in Illinois and the rest was on interstate highways. During the 2 lane driving, I saw a ton of signs for candidates in the local races, but I only saw 2 signs for the presidential race. I saw 2 Trump/Pence signs and none for Clinton/Kaine. I just figured that everyone was too embarrassed by the candidates to show support for either

That's my experience around here. The usual round of signs for local and state races, almost none for either Presidential candidate even in yards with multiple other signs. Lexington will surely go for Hillary, we're getting more Leftist every year around here, but I see almost none of her signs. A few, could count them on my fingers and I'm out and about quite a lot.

Doc
10-30-2016, 09:50 AM
We have a particularly nasty one going on here for congress between Brian Mast and Randy Perkins. Mast (R) is the veteran who lost both legs. Perkins attacked him for wearing shorts to show his prosthesis (Mast ALWAYS wears shorts). Perkins is a nasty nasty dude. There was some tape before a debate that got out that folks can't believe what an asshole this guy is. Of course Perkins is trying to link Mast and Trump because Mast supports Trumps ideology. There is way more signage with these two over the top of the ticket candidates

suncat05
10-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Well, my family and I all struck our blow for the Republic today. My daughter rolled in from Orlando just after noon, and I am already covering security here at the Courthouse. Mom and the kids came to town and we all voted.
Yesterday we had 143 people vote between the hours of 8 AM to 4 PM. The Supervisor of Elections told me that was a new record for the first day of early voting here in my county. Plus, she said the mail-in absentee ballots have come back in very high numbers too.
I don't know what today's walk-in numbers are so far today, but the foot traffic here today isn't anywhere close to what it was yesterday. Steady, yes, but nothing like Saturday's was.

TRUCKERCATFAN
11-02-2016, 01:42 AM

The sign theory you bring up is the same in every state I've been in lately including Florida. Just last week I was traveling a long stretch of road in nothing but rural farm area in Iowa. Decided to count the number of signs about each candidate. In about 50 miles, I counted 78 Trump/Pence signs. I saw one sign with Hillary's name on it and it was a homemade Hillary 4 Prison 2016 sign. Honestly, I would say the sign ratio I've seen this election has been at least 10:1 in favor of Trump everywhere I've been.

MickintheHam
11-02-2016, 04:22 AM
I decided to work the polls this year. I'm anxious to see how many are on the voting lists who are dead or moved. It takes an act of Congress to get them removed in our state.