PDA

View Full Version : 5 more days.....days of Alabama sales-tax "free" from Amazon coming to an end

Darrell KSR
10-26-2016, 11:32 AM
November 1, Amazon will be collecting the required 8% Alabama sales tax on purchases. Perhaps this will cause some to rethink their abandonment of the local mom and pop, brick and mortar retailers, who found it hard to compete on price because of the massive infrastructure of Amazon first, but also this "discount" for them not collecting sales tax.

I predict an immediate dip in Amazon sales, and in Amazon Prime subscriptions. I think it will rebound back over time, but I'm thinking they take a hit in the short run.

MickintheHam
10-26-2016, 02:00 PM
November 1, Amazon will be collecting the required 8% Alabama sales tax on purchases. Perhaps this will cause some to rethink their abandonment of the local mom and pop, brick and mortar retailers, who found it hard to compete on price because of the massive infrastructure of Amazon first, but also this "discount" for them not collecting sales tax.

I predict an immediate dip in Amazon sales, and in Amazon Prime subscriptions. I think it will rebound back over time, but I'm thinking they take a hit in the short run.

You make the grand assumption that the purchaser did not pay the tax direct to the state. I truthfully answer the Sales tax question on my return every year. You think some would not?????

Darrell KSR
10-26-2016, 02:29 PM
You make the grand assumption that the purchaser did not pay the tax direct to the state. I truthfully answer the Sales tax question on my return every year. You think some would not?????
I've heard that. Rumor has it, anyway.