PDA

View Full Version : I challenge everyone at KSR

MickintheHam
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
to read the following article on Kevin Massey if you don't already know the story. You may not get through it without shedding a tear. JeeeeeeeeepCat posted the pic in another thread but this story from 2 years ago says all you need to know about our basketball coach. We should all live his example.

http://www.wkyt.com/blogs/tvtimeout/84201657.html

TonyRay
08-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Damn Mick, I don't like to have teary eyes this time of afternoon. Cal just gets it and passes it on to his players as well.

Jeeepcat
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Here's the pic:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311988_10151807145573912_167033766_n.jpg

Terminus
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
What a heartwarming gesture by Coach Cal. God bless that young man and his family.

PJ4UK
08-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Great story. I'm glad I took the time to read it. Thanks for posting.

Darrell KSR
08-21-2012, 08:52 PM
I know what it says, but I am waiting til everybody else goes to bed here before I read it. I don't want to be that emotional in front of them. You know, tough guy and all that.

Thanks for the link, Mick. I will read it in a couple of hours.

dan_bgblue
08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks for sharing that Mick. Coach Calipari is one, almost unbelievably, special person. He uses his celebrity status to have a positive effect on others almost daily it seems. That is a rare commodity.

LarryVaught1
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
great story indeed

Kingseve
08-21-2012, 09:55 PM
That's Pretty AWESOME!!!! I Feel so bad for the young man.

Darryl
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Is this the famous Kingseve (Guy) from Bham?

Darryl

Darrell KSR
08-21-2012, 10:28 PM
If you follow the CaringBridge link in the story Mick posted, there's a good pic of Cal and Kevin in the hospital, too.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevinmassey/photos/entry/num/18

And another

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevinmassey/photos/entry/num/29

And here's a pic of him with the game ball in UK's win over Alabama there.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevinmassey/photos/entry/num/20

Padukacat
08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Touching stuff

BarristerCat
08-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for posting that Mick. Isn't that the kid that is going to be a student manager for the team this year?

BudCat_upthecreek
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM

I was wondering when your best half and that little man would let you surface. I Hope your listing and selling a bunch, but even if you aren't selling I hope your listing a bunch of real good ones and all the other agents are selling them.

Great to see you surface old friend, Tell Anna Marie hello and give little Guy a high five for me. I know he's thrilled we won that NC'ship.

Now we should win about 7 regular season games this year, especially if these new guys are as electrifying as it appears they may be. I'm told to look out for Whitlow.....much better than he was advertised and Sweat may bring our special teams back to being special.

Send me a PM if your contact has got anything, I had planned to give you a buzz anyway. So be watching your cell tomorrow, it's getting that time again.

BudCat_upthecreek
08-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Mick the kid is beyond brave and tough, I pray for a miracle that kid is a blessing to this entire world.

Cal.....well he just continues to be Cal. I just wish people would quit being jealous and take the time to see what a blessing he is to everyone, even those who don't give him a chance.

For those who haven't taken the time to listen to what he had to say while at West Liberty last Friday, you really should make the effort. He does so much for those he doesn't even know and of all the Coaches out there I'm not sure any take the time to use their celebrity status to raise money for the needy like Cal. Plus he does things like this in an effort to motivate those who otherwise might give up.

jazyd
08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
who is this kingseve guy, lol. little starting to grow up now giving you a little more time.

Kingseve
08-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Is this the famous Kingseve (Guy) from Bham?

Darryl

Hey Darryl! It tis Me, Kingseve! How's the Bham treating you these days?

Kingseve
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I was wondering when your best half and that little man would let you surface. I Hope your listing and selling a bunch, but even if you aren't selling I hope your listing a bunch of real good ones and all the other agents are selling them.

Great to see you surface old friend, Tell Anna Marie hello and give little Guy a high five for me. I know he's thrilled we won that NC'ship.

Now we should win about 7 regular season games this year, especially if these new guys are as electrifying as it appears they may be. I'm told to look out for Whitlow.....much better than he was advertised and Sweat may bring our special teams back to being special.

Send me a PM if your contact has got anything, I had planned to give you a buzz anyway. So be watching your cell tomorrow, it's getting that time again.

Hey Bud! We are all doing well. We are primin our 2 Jr Wildcats for future battle. The oldest (23 months) can finish 2 Burpees and 5 push-ups in under a minute. The 8 month old can down 8 oz of milk in under 90 seconds.

I see 7 wins as well and I'm exciting about our D, the RBs, the Wrs and Jalen Whitlow. Call me at 205-914-3742.

Kingseve
08-22-2012, 09:40 AM
who is this kingseve guy, lol. little starting to grow up now giving you a little more time.

Jazy, It's been a wild 2 years for me. Lots of changes to get used to for the better ofcourse, except for much less time for UK sports. I am thinkin the 2 yr old will be switchin away from Sprout and Nickolodean this fall and over to the CATS on Saturdays and DVR'ed games of the cats during the week. I hope youre enjoying that Delta Heat this summer.

Have you seen the new stadium in Starkville yet?