PDA

View Full Version : More peanut butter & jelly....

Darrell KSR
10-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Brought car in for servicing this morning. My oil change will be $3k.

Yech.

Good thing I like PB&J.

KSRBEvans
10-21-2016, 02:01 PM
^Did that with the son before he went to Florida to start work in June. Took his car in for what we thought was an oil change and quick "well check" before hitting the road. $3100 later...:banghead:

dan_bgblue
10-21-2016, 02:05 PM

Yech.

Good thing I like PB&J.

Do all their oil changes come with a new motor?

Darrell KSR
10-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Oil change and related routine stuff like tire rotation, etc.; front brake job; timing belt (water pump, et al); and apparently my radiator is "seeping." Not really "leaking," but seeping at the seam, where it dried up. They scared me appropriately with the "it will probably be a hole soon, at some time" deal, so opted for new one. Plus would save me another $100 or so because they're already doing the timing belt stuff.

I'll switch out the "J" with banana sometimes, too, to keep it from getting to be too repetitive. Peanut butter and banana is more filling, too.

Doc
10-21-2016, 04:55 PM

Yech.

Good thing I like PB&J.

At least you car had oil in it! As I posted in another thread, my last one the car had no oil, $3700 later the car ran for 10 days before breaking down again with the same problem.

Darrell KSR
10-21-2016, 05:21 PM
^Did that with the son before he went to Florida to start work in June. Took his car in for what we thought was an oil change and quick "well check" before hitting the road. $3100 later...:banghead:
Yikes. At least I knew the timing belt was due, and suspected brakes. Radiator was a "surprise."

Darrell KSR
10-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Thank heaven for (more than small) favors, no doubt.
At least you car had oil in it! As I posted in another thread, my last one the car had no oil, $3700 later the car ran for 10 days before breaking down again with the same problem.

MickintheHam
10-23-2016, 09:45 PM
Oil change and related routine stuff like tire rotation, etc.; front brake job; timing belt (water pump, et al); and apparently my radiator is "seeping." Not really "leaking," but seeping at the seam, where it dried up. They scared me appropriately with the "it will probably be a hole soon, at some time" deal, so opted for new one. Plus would save me another $100 or so because they're already doing the timing belt stuff.

I'll switch out the "J" with banana sometimes, too, to keep it from getting to be too repetitive. Peanut butter and banana is more filling, too.
Lots of sugar in the Jelly. Go with banana whenever possible.