PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday on the Lexington Police Scanner

Darrell KSR
10-13-2016, 01:13 PM

suncat05
10-13-2016, 03:13 PM
Three in one hour? In close proximity to each other? Must be some bad junk on the streets there. Or some a-hole isn't cutting his dope by the formula. On the other side though, with three dopers down for the count burglaries and thefts will probably drop for a week or two.

CitizenBBN
10-13-2016, 07:49 PM
Three in one hour? In close proximity to each other? Must be some bad junk on the streets there. Or some a-hole isn't cutting his dope by the formula. On the other side though, with three dopers down for the count burglaries and thefts will probably drop for a week or two.

There's bad junk going around. Have had 2-3 spates of this in different towns throughout the Bluegrass / NKY area this month.

PedroDaGr8
10-14-2016, 07:45 AM
There's bad junk going around. Have had 2-3 spates of this in different towns throughout the Bluegrass / NKY area this month.
Not uncommon, some regional level dealers do it intentionally. They will make 2-3 baggies straight fentanyl. The people overdose and die, word gets out this dealer has a batch of crazy high quality stuff, so high quality that it killed a few people. All of a sudden, this dealers product becomes very desirable and sells well.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

suncat05
10-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Not exactly the classic marketing ploy........"kill some customers, make more money"..........only in the doper world would that work. Or in the federal government.

CitizenBBN
10-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Yeah, usually having a product that kills people is bad for business, unless you make military weaponry.

truecatsfan
10-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Mt. Sterling had seven in one hour a couple of weeks ago. All lived but one.

Darrell KSR
10-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Mt. Sterling had seven in one hour a couple of weeks ago. All lived but one.
Good that six lived. Now to figure a way to get away from the stuff.

PedroDaGr8
10-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Good that six lived. Now to figure a way to get away from the stuff.

This is why I am such a huge proponent of harm reduction strategies. You can't be an ex-junkie if you are a dead junkie. Opiates are one of the hardest addictions to kick. I read somewhere that, most users relapse between 8 and 12 times before kicking it for good.

A story I love to reference about a former junkie who sends out Naloxone (reverses opiate overdose) to anyone who can't get it themselves:

https://backchannel.com/the-heroin-heroine-of-reddit-a2fffcc2a25b#.p6ukv170v