PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pence for President, 2020!

Darrell KSR
10-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Can I just go hide somewhere for four years and wait?

DanISSELisdaman
10-04-2016, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure there will be anything to come back to in 4 years Darrell. This country is on the skids!

Doc
10-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Maybe Trump gets elected, then becomes board......or has an affair with an intern then lie about it to the nation. That would get ALMOST any President impeached

Darrell KSR
10-09-2016, 12:12 AM
He may get my vote this year.

KSRBEvans
10-09-2016, 11:33 AM
He'll likely be running against stiff (upper lip) competition:

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/make-america-great-britain-again.jpg

It's tough unseating an incumbent, especially one who's your Majesty.

KentuckyWildcat
10-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Leaning toward writing in Pence/Paul.

Don't know a lot about Pence, but I like him so far.

CitizenBBN
10-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Funny enough I'm beginning to think we messed up and it turns out a monarchy is the best form of government after all. Sure it's corrupt and has favoritism, but not any more than we have now and it's vastly less wasteful on average by comparison.

Doc
10-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Leaning toward writing in Pence/Paul.

Don't know a lot about Pence, but I like him so far.

He is a little "too religious" for me to make him the ideal candidate. However I'm not a litmus test voter. I don't base my vote on any one stance or trait. I'd never vote for anybody because of their gender or race...... and I don't vote for or against anybody based strictly on their stance on abortion, or guns, or religion. So I wouldn't have anything against Pence. He seems like an honest person (which immediately makes me suspicious since he is a politician, hence its asking Oil and Water to mix).

Darrell KSR
10-09-2016, 01:59 PM
So I wouldn't have anything against Pence. He seems like an honest person (which immediately makes me suspicious since he is a politician, hence its asking Oil and Water to mix).

Sadly, that's probably an extremely valid point.

dan_bgblue
10-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Honest people can hold public office even the presidency. They just are not very effective working with politicians

CitizenBBN
10-09-2016, 02:43 PM
There are honest, decent people in politics. They just win so infrequently it's hard to notice.

Always thought a lot of Alan Simpson and there have been a few other Senators who I think have tried to do the right thing. So far I like Bevin as Governor even though the powers that be are doing everything possible to stop his push to fiscal responsibility. But it's a really short list, and Bevin was opposed by his own party leadership.

dan_bgblue
10-09-2016, 03:41 PM
I think Jimmy Carter was an honest president

jazyd
10-09-2016, 09:30 PM
He is a little "too religious" for me to make him the ideal candidate. However I'm not a litmus test voter. I don't base my vote on any one stance or trait. I'd never vote for anybody because of their gender or race...... and I don't vote for or against anybody based strictly on their stance on abortion, or guns, or religion. So I wouldn't have anything against Pence. He seems like an honest person (which immediately makes me suspicious since he is a politician, hence its asking Oil and Water to mix).

Doc, the thing about Pence, he trusts his faith, he lives it and doesn't deviate from it unlike so many others who claim to be Christians but go totally against their denomination or what the Bible says specifically about certain ideas or positions that are not open for interpretation, such as Kaine, Hillary, Biden, pelosi, McCain, and other republicans.

elicat
10-12-2016, 09:31 AM
He may get my vote this year.

Unless something changes rather miraculously between now and election day, he's definitely getting mine.

KSRBEvans
10-12-2016, 11:39 AM
I think Jimmy Carter was an honest president

Reminds me of my favorite political quote. WV Governor Arch Moore was running for re-election and was indicted during the campaign. When a reporter asked for a comment from Moore, he said "Honesty is no substitute for experience."