PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia can be sued re: 9/11

badrose
09-28-2016, 03:02 PM
Election year squeeze?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/28/overruled-congress-soundly-rejects-obamas-veto-of-911-bill/

dan_bgblue
09-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Not sure this is a good thing for the USA, but Congress seemed to be hell bent on its implementation.

Does it open the door to law suits against the USA from relatives of persons killed as collateral damage in air strikes in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Syria, etc?

Doc
09-28-2016, 03:48 PM
I agree, its NOT a good thing. Lots of political pandering and zero thought went into this by our elected officials. I'll give Obama credit, he was correct on this.

Rather the US should realize that SA isn't our friend. Really that nobody in the middle east is our friend except for Israel. And its about time we quit sending money, aid, protection, etc for folks who are not our friends.

dan_bgblue
09-30-2016, 04:38 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/politics/obama-911-veto-congressional-concerns/index.html

UKHistory
10-04-2016, 07:09 AM
I agree, its NOT a good thing. Lots of political pandering and zero thought went into this by our elected officials. I'll give Obama credit, he was correct on this.

Rather the US should realize that SA isn't our friend. Really that nobody in the middle east is our friend except for Israel. And its about time we quit sending money, aid, protection, etc for folks who are not our friends.

OIL is our friend. Saudi Arabia like the rest of the Middle East is not our friend

Israel is not our friend. Hell Israel attacked a US ship prior to the six day war.

No other country has inflicted such a loss to on the US like Israel did.

Alqueda is not a nation state

If not for the oil I would not care a thing about any of those countries.

Promise land is not Israel; it is the USA.

DanISSELisdaman
10-04-2016, 09:07 AM
I disagree, I think Israel is the best ally that we have, but this administration seems to be trying to make an enemy of them. Relations change, if we look to the past only, the British would be one of the worst enemies that we have.