PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so the dog has to go @ 1:30 AM.........

suncat05
09-27-2016, 02:24 PM
Nothing unusual, no big deal, happens pretty frequently. I get up, take our new acquisition (Pinky) and the little attack chihuahua out for some nocturnal potty bidness.
Except we spooked 2 raccoons in the closest park garbage can to our house and they bolted. Pinky sees them and gives chase. Next thing I know my wife, who has also retrieved the handy-dandy varmint/snake gun from its perch, my son and I are all outside in our underwear chasing after a dog who is chasing after 2 raccoons in an open field full of various nocturnal poisonous snakes and a lake full of hungry alligators who I am pretty sure would love to devour my Pinky if she'd just get close enough to the water, all at 1:30 in the morning. And oh yeah, the little vicious attack chihuahua runs back up on the porch and is barking away while awakening the other 2 dogs who both now are trying to get out of the house to help.
The mosquitoes, meanwhile, are snacking on fresh blood of humans and eating us up. We're all sweating and running in this wet grass while being devoured by the entire mosquito population of Lake Okeechobee.
Finally my son catches the dog. He scoops her up and we start heading back to the house. I turn around because I hear a noise behind us, and it's one of the raccoons coming toward us. I can see his beady little eyes blazing in the darkness, and it dawns on me that I might be needing a rabies shot within the next few seconds. My wife steps up, gun in hand, and screams "I'll shoot you son-of-a-bitch!", which surprisingly makes the raccoon stop, turn tail, and run. Yeah, a woman with a gun in her hand @ 1:30 pointing at you is not somebody to be trifled with, especially when she's yelling in broken English and mad because her dog is in danger.
We all finally get back in the house, eat up by mosquitoes, wet from sweating and running around in the wet grass, and then our little running dog starts licking my son on the chin, little tail just wagging, like she'd just been on some great adventure. Nice!
That was a bit of an adventure that I was not counting on.

KSRBEvans
09-27-2016, 02:35 PM
It was 48 degrees for a low last night in Louisville. Low humidity, no mosquitoes. Nice fall weather, no carnivorous reptiles to be found.

Sorry, this is like 1 of maybe 4 days out of the year when we've got better weather than you Floridians, so had to do it. :evilgrin0007:

suncat05
09-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Evans! I needed that!

dan_bgblue
09-27-2016, 03:14 PM
I think I am in love with your wife, in a very fraternal sort of way. She would do to cross the plains with in a covered wagon.

Doc
09-27-2016, 04:50 PM
He scoops her up and we start heading back to the house.

Would that be a double wide?

CitizenBBN
09-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Would that be a double wide?

Yeah, but he's all class. Took the wheels off and put on the full skirt.

PedroDaGr8
09-27-2016, 09:24 PM
You don't mess with an angry Filipina woman. No way, no how. Kinda like Latin women, you do NOT want to get on their bad side. To say they have some fire in them, is an understatement.

suncat05
09-28-2016, 08:10 AM
Yeah, but he's all class. Took the wheels off and put on the full skirt.

How did you know? LOL!

suncat05
09-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Now that I think about that in particular, it really is funny, because the raccoon stood up on its hind legs for just a second, kinda put his little paws up, made kind of an "Eeeeek!" sound, then turned around and ran for its life.
This morning, as I'm walking out the door, my son (who is a major league class clown type) says to me "Hey Dad, do you remember this?".......he proceeds to make the same sound that the raccoon made, throws his hands up imitating the raccoon raising its paws, and says to me "Hands up, don't shoot!".
I thought I was going to pee in my pants. He just has this deadpan comedic talent.

suncat05
09-28-2016, 08:21 AM
You don't mess with an angry Filipina woman. No way, no how. Kinda like Latin women, you do NOT want to get on their bad side. To say they have some fire in them, is an understatement.
100% correct Pedro!

badrose
09-28-2016, 11:03 AM
You made my morning, suncat!

Padukacat
09-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Please video this if it happens again! Pretty funny

suncat05
09-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Oh, I am pretty sure to an outsider looking in and not knowing the backdrop, it would indeed look hilarious. America's Funniest Videos hilarious.

BigBluePappy
09-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Now that I think about that in particular, it really is funny, because the raccoon stood up on its hind legs for just a second, kinda put his little paws up, made kind of an "Eeeeek!" sound, then turned around and ran for its life.
This morning, as I'm walking out the door, my son (who is a major league class clown type) says to me "Hey Dad, do you remember this?".......he proceeds to make the same sound that the raccoon made, throws his hands up imitating the raccoon raising its paws, and says to me "Hands up, don't shoot!".
I thought I was going to pee in my pants. He just has this deadpan comedic talent.

When Grammy and I had first moved to our house, it is near a woods and a golf course, one of the funniest things I ever saw was my beautiful bride getting ready to go from our kitchen, into the garage to get something out of her car.
A coon awaited her opening the door on the top step.
A moment of awkward silence as she and the coon sized each other up.
Then they both made the "eeeeek" sound and ran in the opposite direction.
I was laughing so hard.
She has never left the garage door open after that, and I am due to get out of the doghouse in about another 3-5 years...