PDA

View Full Version : What is "energy poverty"?

suncat05
09-15-2016, 09:07 AM
So I'm watching TV last night, and this Exxon-Mobil commercial comes on. It has all of these different people, most of whom I presume works for Exxon-Mobil in some capacity or other, all talkng about the end product of their participation in the endeavor.
But this one guy whips out this term "energy poverty".
Maybe I'm just getting old and I'm out of touch, or maybe I'm just a grumpy old guy. Whatever the case may be, can somebody please tell me exactly what "energy poverty" is?
I anxiously await your replies, in the hopes of being better informed.

ENERGY POVERTY. ?????

dan_bgblue
09-15-2016, 09:18 AM
This is how Wiki defines it

Energy poverty is lack of access to modern energy services. It refers to the situation of large numbers of people in developing countries whose well-being is negatively affected by very low consumption of energy, use of dirty or polluting fuels, and excessive time spent collecting fuel to meet basic needs.

suncat05
09-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Hmmmm........so, in essence, it has little-to-nothing to do with our lives here in America, it has to do with economically underprivileged countries around the globe? Okay. Thanks, dan!

bigsky
09-15-2016, 09:32 AM
"Energy freedom" too

dan_bgblue
09-15-2016, 10:56 AM
It has little to do with our lives today, but with all the world support for taking from the haves to give to the have nots, I think it does have long range implications.

ukblue
10-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Not strong enough to go to mailbox to get their check.

suncat05
10-12-2016, 02:03 AM
Not strong enough to go to mailbox to get their check.

:sHa_dielaughing: