PDA

View Full Version : Trump's trip to Mexico was a very smart move

CitizenBBN
08-31-2016, 08:32 PM
He needs to show he can be a diplomat and President and go meet with people, even when he has big differences of opinion, and have a meeting and hold a press conference and still forge a relationship if only at a diplomatic level.

Good move by him, and in fact in his presser there he was controlled and respectful while still maintaining his positions. that's the nature of diplomacy and being "Presidential".

Just keep that up and don't get off script.

Oh, and BEAT on the economy and jobs and how the left has let people down and made them permanent wards of the state, not successful people with a path to the American dream.

KeithKSR
08-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Great move by Trump, shows he can be a diplomat.

CitizenBBN
08-31-2016, 10:14 PM
Thinking on it keith I think he needs to double down. Maybe a meeting with NATO types, or going to the Baltic States and making a statement about protecting against Russian aggression?

My gut says stay away from anything Russian b/c the media is trying so hard to hang that around his neck despite the fact that it's Bill Clinton and the Foundation who have gotten millions in Russian money and that Hillary was behind the tech investment there, but maybe going with the anti-Russian message by visiting their future targets would pay off.

But definitely more reaching out as a statesman if possible. Be seen on the world stage with photo ops with world leaders.

MickintheHam
09-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Thinking on it keith I think he needs to double down. Maybe a meeting with NATO types, or going to the Baltic States and making a statement about protecting against Russian aggression?

My gut says stay away from anything Russian b/c the media is trying so hard to hang that around his neck despite the fact that it's Bill Clinton and the Foundation who have gotten millions in Russian money and that Hillary was behind the tech investment there, but maybe going with the anti-Russian message by visiting their future targets would pay off.

But definitely more reaching out as a statesman if possible. Be seen on the world stage with photo ops with world leaders.

Don't forget the uranium, Citizen. Don't forget the uranium!

UKHistory
09-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Alleviating even the possibility that a President Trump would not support NATO would be huge internationally. Right now people are concerned Trump is all bluster and maybe in Putin's pocket. Trump needs to demonstrate that making America great again is in part of taking care of foreign policy and the Russians.

Would love to see him with the NATO leaders.

KeithKSR
09-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Don't forget the uranium, Citizen. Don't forget the uranium!

The media's lack of coverage on the issue is astounding.