PDA

View Full Version : 2017=20,000,000,000,000

dan_bgblue
08-29-2016, 05:05 PM
“The likelihood of a fiscal crisis in the United States would increase,” the CBO report, issued last week, said. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/29/fiscal-crisis-warning-as-deficits-rise-debt-set-to-hit-20t-next-year.html)

I am sure that this is occurring because the economy is doing great

KSRBEvans
08-29-2016, 05:25 PM
http://cdn.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-states-government-debt-to-gdp.png?s=usadebt2gdp&v=201607041831n

Doc
08-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Wasn't there a discussion about trends recently? Let me guess, this trend doesn't matter.... and it will all straighten out with that stellar sub 2% growth rate the Obama administration has ushered in.

CitizenBBN
08-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Think about this. The growth rate is only 1% with all this MASSIVE pumping of future money into the economy. Deficit spending is a way to pump up the current economy, and with all of that we're still getting almost no growth.

But don't worry, it's all good. Stu told me so on the other thread, how this is really good. Never mind the massive expansion of government, regulations, the destruction of small businesses or the fact that we've doubled the national debt and mortgaged our children and grandchildren, it's fine.

The naivety is fairly astounding, that people don't see where this irresponsible path ends.

Doc
08-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Think about this. The growth rate is only 1% with all this MASSIVE pumping of future money into the economy. Deficit spending is a way to pump up the current economy, and with all of that we're still getting almost no growth.

But don't worry, it's all good. Stu told me so on the other thread, how this is really good. Never mind the massive expansion of government, regulations, the destruction of small businesses or the fact that we've doubled the national debt and mortgaged our children and grandchildren, it's fine.

The naivety is fairly astounding, that people don't see where this irresponsible path ends.

Doesn't matter as long as the people today get their free ####, who cares. Give me free food, free housing, free college, pay me $15.00 for a job that requires no skill,.... what do I care if the generations of tomorrow have to pay for it. That's their problem.

CitizenBBN
08-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Doesn't matter as long as the people today get their free ####, who cares. Give me free food, free housing, free college, pay me $15.00 for a job that requires no skill,.... what do I care if the generations of tomorrow have to pay for it. That's their problem.

I'd say that sums it up pretty well.

KeithKSR
08-30-2016, 05:28 PM

It ends in Venezuela, so to speak.