PDA

View Full Version : Louisville bound the week after Labor Day

bigsky
08-27-2016, 08:11 AM
http://m.richmond.com/obituaries/featured/article_20e4e472-d31b-5c82-b5f9-d5febd9745ad.html?mode=jqm

The next stop on the pioneer trail back to Montana.

No need for condolence. "The long goodbye" of dementia and cancer did make this a relief, as bad as that sounds. Both she and Richard within 17 days eased the burden on my sister and my stay in hel--er, the Richmond weather. And she gets a measure of recognition as you can see from this story, too.

And I've stayed busy hauling 80 cu yards of trash out of my parents house--soon to bring in yet a fifth dumpster. Hardly any furniture, just records and hoarded, well, every single thing, piled high to ceilings.

Darrell KSR
08-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Safe travels and happy memories for you, BigSky. Enjoyed reading about your mom, she sounded like quite the lady.

dan_bgblue
08-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Hardly any furniture, just records and hoarded, well, every single thing, piled high to ceilings.

I watch a TV show called American Pickers, and it always amazes me when they do a show that has what you describe as a feature episode. Those shows are almost always about the "collections" of persons that have passed on and the child/children are left to dispose of the "collection". The one common theme in those shows is that the "collector" was a person that lived thru the great depression and saw potential value in everything they could find and store away.

bigsky
08-27-2016, 10:47 AM
You are right, Dan.

kingcat
08-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Likewise, I enjoyed reading about your mother. Stay safe and don't work too hard.

KeithKSR
08-31-2016, 08:07 PM
My in-laws place was like that. Never threw anything away they thought they might be of some use later. They had an old partial frame, partial log house on the property, about 130 years old based on a piece of newspaper I found pasted to an inner wall. I hauled untold loads of stuff out, then tore down the house. Most of the logs had too much rot to save.