PDA

View Full Version : Fox to air town hall with Libertarian Candidate

dan_bgblue
08-24-2016, 09:31 AM
There is another choice besides Hillary and Donald (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/24/john-stossel-why-johnson-and-weld-are-much-better-than-clinton-or-trump.html)

suncat05
08-24-2016, 09:51 AM
I saw Johnson on "The Five" yesterday. All this guy is going to be able to do is steal votes away from both of the main candidates. That's it. He's just a milder version of Ross Perot.

Catonahottinroof
08-24-2016, 10:00 AM
As if Hillary and Trump are better choices.......

suncat05
08-24-2016, 10:20 AM
As if Hillary and Trump are better choices.......

No argument there either. I'm just sayin'.........

Catonahottinroof
08-24-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure he hurts Trump anymore than Jill Stein hurts Hillary. Perot siphoned way more votes from the conservative side in 1992.

Darrell KSR
08-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Gary Johnson isn't the answer, but by golly, the country needs more choices. Or at least, good choices.

I'm fine with opening it up.

Doc
08-25-2016, 07:10 AM
Fox had the candidate from the Green Party Jill Stien, on the other night. When inquiring about her tax plan, Greta van Sustran asked if she supported a "flat tax, a progressive tax, a value added tax, a consumption tax, etc" and this moron said we already have those except for the value added tax. Then she went to the cliche of "getting the rich to pay their fair share" to which GVS enlightened her that wealthy 5% pay over 50% of the taxes collected and that over 50% of the population pays nothing. Stein then went on to chastise Trump for abusing the legal system, wasting it resources because he or his companies have been sued iirc 135 time in the last few years. She lamented on how the rich waste tax revenues and pay no taxes--yes, she made the claim Trump payed no taxes

And this person thinks she is presidential material

Doc
08-25-2016, 07:18 AM
I like Johnson quite a bit. I'd vote for Stossel though

suncat05
08-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Stossel and Judge Napolitano, absolutely.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Nobody watched the Libertarian town hall on CNN about 6 weeks ago?

That ticket should actually be flipped. Was more impressed by Weld than I was Johnson.

Darrell KSR
08-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Nobody watched the Libertarian town hall on CNN about 6 weeks ago?

That ticket should actually be flipped. Was more impressed by Weld than I was Johnson.

Same with Pence and Kaine. For some of us, even more pronounced difference.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Same with Pence and Kaine. For some of us, even more pronounced difference.

That's an interesting thing to ponder. I could probably waffle on that daily.

I would generally say anybody but Trump and I think the guy is an insane lunatic that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the city of DC, let alone the White House, but I also think he's full of it and will say anything to anybody to get elected. He does talk, at least, about things that are important to Democrats and if he wasn't such a lunatic. If he were anybody else with these talking points, he MIGHT be able to make some positive changes.

Pence, on the other hand, is diametrically opposed to everything that I think is important.

As far as the Democrats go, Clinton won't get anything done because she's past the point of no return where after 30 years of attacks, perception overtakes truth and truth becomes perception. You can't govern at any prominent level effectively, no matter how qualified you may be for the job. However, if I was choosing an ideal leader of the Democratic party, I don't think Kaine would even cross my mind.

It's just bad tickets all around. I don't like my party's candidate, but I can at least feel confident that they'll push an agenda that's important to me and what I feel makes our country better.

jazyd
08-26-2016, 05:18 PM
That's an interesting thing to ponder. I could probably waffle on that daily.

I would generally say anybody but Trump and I think the guy is an insane lunatic that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the city of DC, let alone the White House, but I also think he's full of it and will say anything to anybody to get elected. He does talk, at least, about things that are important to Democrats and if he wasn't such a lunatic. If he were anybody else with these talking points, he MIGHT be able to make some positive changes.

Pence, on the other hand, is diametrically opposed to everything that I think is important.

As far as the Democrats go, Clinton won't get anything done because she's past the point of no return where after 30 years of attacks, perception overtakes truth and truth becomes perception. You can't govern at any prominent level effectively, no matter how qualified you may be for the job. However, if I was choosing an ideal leader of the Democratic party, I don't think Kaine would even cross my mind.

It's just bad tickets all around. I don't like my party's candidate, but I can at least feel confident that they'll push an agenda that's important to me and what I feel makes our country better.

are you trying to imply that Hillary is well qualified? For what? She is a pathological liar, who will lie about her lies, she is a crook a proven crook who will sell out anyone or anything for money. She allowed her husband multiple affairs, possibly raping women, definitely groping them w/o doing anything other than attacking the women.
And I just love reading people say Trump is a lunatic, lunatics dont' become billionaires and run multiple corporations. He is a highly successful business man, something you wouldn't recognize.
Of course Hillary suscribes to the old Chicago addage, screw everyone and anyone to get ahead, she was well taught by her mentor while in college. The guy who taught fellow college students how to cheat businesses out of product w/o paying for it, and then of course he went on to great cheating.
Yes Pence is against everything you are for, starting with morals.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-27-2016, 10:03 PM
are you trying to imply that Hillary is well qualified? For what? She is a pathological liar, who will lie about her lies, she is a crook a proven crook who will sell out anyone or anything for money. She allowed her husband multiple affairs, possibly raping women, definitely groping them w/o doing anything other than attacking the women.
And I just love reading people say Trump is a lunatic, lunatics dont' become billionaires and run multiple corporations. He is a highly successful business man, something you wouldn't recognize.
Of course Hillary suscribes to the old Chicago addage, screw everyone and anyone to get ahead, she was well taught by her mentor while in college. The guy who taught fellow college students how to cheat businesses out of product w/o paying for it, and then of course he went on to great cheating.
Yes Pence is against everything you are for, starting with morals.

Lunatics become billionaires.

Sadaam Hussein, Kim Jong Un, El Chappo, Pablo Escobar were all billionaires. I'm not calling Trump a murderous thug(at least not yet, but some of his policies may bring that to reality), but to say they can't be billionaires is completely false. Trump is a smart guy, but he's also a lunatic.

Hillary is well qualified to be President. She's intelligent, a former Senator and a former Secy of State. That definitely qualifies one for the office of President. I hate and despise a guy like Dick Cheney, probably as much as people hate Hillary. I think he's a crook, a liar, a thief and has done worse than anything the Clinton's have every done, IMO, but he's qualified to be President. Choosing to believe certain things about a person, or disagreeing with their policies, doesn't disqualify them from being qualified for President. Lacking basic knowledge of current events, history, relationships and how government intends to work does disqualify you.

I'm going to live by one of my morals(of which I do have) and pass on the rest of your comments by the old rule that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.