PDA

View Full Version : This guy gets it.

badrose
08-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Nothing new here, but it feels good to see it in print.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/american-journalism-is-collapsing-before-our-eyes/

CitizenBBN
08-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Good find. Very nice summary of the problem here:

Liberal bias in journalism is often baked into the cake. The traditional ethos of comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable leads to demands that government solve every problem. Favoring big government, then, becomes routine among most journalists, especially young ones.

I know because I was one of them. I started at the Times while the Vietnam War and civil-rights movement raged, and was full of certainty about right and wrong.
My editors were, too, though in a different way. Our boss of bosses, the legendary Abe Rosenthal, knew his reporters leaned left, so he leaned right to “keep the paper straight

As an editor at the Washington Times once said, media bias isn't a conspiracy. It's worse, it's consensus. They all simply see things the same pro-goverment way and can't imagine seeing the other side. In general they don't think they are biased b/c they lack the perspective to see the full political spectrum.

Now in this election it's gone beyond that subtle assumptive bias to outright war. They no doubt thought Bush i and II and Romney and Mccain etc. were going to be bad for the country, but they seem convinced Trump is some kind of deep threat to the continuation of the species.

dan_bgblue
08-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Anyone else feel like I do that there is a large portion of the US population that has seen thru their game and are tuning them out or just not tuning in to begin with? Their game still hits a lot of folks no doubt, but is it enough to win an election for their candidate?

badrose
08-22-2016, 06:19 AM
Anyone else feel like I do that there is a large portion of the US population that has seen thru their game and are tuning them out or just not tuning in to begin with? Their game still hits a lot of folks no doubt, but is it enough to win an election for their candidate?

If Trump continues to stay on point and they hear what he has to say, maybe. Even if he converts 5 or 10 percent it should be enough. It really depends on whether they're content with the status quo.

jazyd
08-22-2016, 01:19 PM

No a large portion has not, they are so stupid and buy everything the liberal media says, they won't bother to actually find out facts. it is the only reason radical left wing Hillary and her minions are still leading.

Take the Lochte situation in Brazil. He embellished yes, did he lie, no. and the video proves it. They peed in bushes, big deal, especially in Brazil which is not known for their cleanliness. Two so called security men..better known as thugs..show their badges, pull guns and demand money. Anyone actually believe the money was turned over to a gas station to pay for a cheap poster? And the other swimmers confirm this, and no damaged bathroom. But he is raked over the coals and lied about.

T rump goes to Louisiana last week, the news on the radion said he went to an all white town, spoke to an all white church and asked blacks to vote for him and that he did the same thing in Mich. They changed later int he day to an almost all white. Church is a distribution center for the area. La doesn't have white towns and black towns. The media is so bias it makes me sick.

So no a large portion does not see thru this crap. They believe it and buy it, its the way their pea sizes brains are brain washed starting in school for those who actually go.