PDA

View Full Version : PSA - Another fitness tracker alternative

Darrell KSR
08-17-2016, 06:05 PM
This Aukey actually looks pretty decent.

It's $30, but with TRACKER8 code it will knock it down to $20.

Negatives (compared to the Xiaomi)

-not waterproof
-battery life much less. Maybe a couple - three days.
-no pulse checker

Some things I like

-attractive, lightweight. For some of us, this is a huge deal
-does the pedometer thing
-does the alarm thing
-touch it and the time comes on, so it acts as a wristwatch
-can program it to make your phone ring in case you misplace your phone (another biggie)
-vibrating alarm

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wristband-Activity-Tracking-Android4-3/dp/B01FD8WV3M/ref=sr_1_50_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471425855&sr=8-50&keywords=Fitness+Tracker&kinja_price=20&kinja_promocode=TRACKER8

Darrell KSR
08-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Couple of comments.

First, it is now listed as "Currently Unavailable," and they don't know when it will be back. So moot point anyway.

Second, don't be misled by the 4.7 star ratings. Almost all of the 5* reviews are the free/promotional ones, and not purchased. In fact, on page 2, there is a 5* review that says, "Verified purchase," and the very last line of the very long review says it was given to him free in exchange for a review.

Third, despite that, I'd buy it if I didn't already have a Fitbit Zip and two Xiaomi bands (well, one I have misplaced, and the other on order and being delivered). I have seen some video of it, some still pics of it, and the Lifehacker review of it, and despite it being a little wonky software-wise, it has some very cool features, and probably looks as good as any band. There's a little bit of a dispute from people who claim the step count can be "off," but folks, really? Are you buying this because you're an Olympian and need an exact step count for your speed-walking? If so, it's the wrong product. If you're like most of us, and want some relative idea of how much you are walking/exercising compared to the day before, then it's fine if it's off 5-10%. JMO.