PDA

View Full Version : Road trip Montana to Richmond Va

bigsky
08-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Leaving 5AM Saturday and looking to make it in 3 days.

Gonna be a whole lotta windshield.

suncat05
08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Please drive carefully, and enjoy those lower gas prices!

dan_bgblue
08-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Now, that is a road trip. Doing that in 3 days does not leave much time for stopping to smell the pig poo in Iowa.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Now, that is a road trip. Doing that in 3 days does not leave much time for stopping to smell the pig poo in Iowa.

If it's like the pig poo on the drive between Lexington and St. Louis out in Illinois then it's OK, it will get stuck in the car and happily linger with him a good long while. :)

If you're going through Lex Vegas drop me a note Jeff and I'll buy you a beer or burger or something.

Darrell KSR
08-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Safe travels, all.

PedroDaGr8
08-11-2016, 09:32 PM
If I was in town is try to meet up with you Bigsky. Just drove past Richmond two hours ago. Getting ready to travel to Thailand and Vietnam with my gf. Have fun and be safe

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

blueboss
08-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Are they out of airplanes in Montana? That's a bunch of driving, plus sooner or later you'll have to drive back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky
08-12-2016, 06:25 AM
Are they out of airplanes in Montana? That's a bunch of driving, plus sooner or later you'll have to drive back home. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good flights when they work. BZN-Denver-RIC was a perfect flight. RIC-ORD-BZN took 23 hours Tuesday a week ago. Right now Delta is stranding people in Minneapolis.

So I'm bringing a few useful tools there to and a possibly a small u-haul of items back. After removing 60 yards, three 20-yard dumpsters full, of stuff from the garage and basement of the parents house, that was none of the furniture and was just the garage and two rooms of the basement, I am developing an aversion to stuff.

Might go thru Lex. The direct route seems to be Ohio but I'm paying attention to my timing thru Indianapolis. Alternative takes me a bit south out of my way and I-64 from north of Evansville to Richmond. Will certainly return that route as I will be burying Richard and June in The Krauss plot in Section 1 (or maybe its 2 it is just around the corner from the office) of Cave Hill. I know the lady at the office was impressed by the Old Louisville location.

I have travelled this road a few times and even hitched back -- Oregon to Va in 1976. But this time I'm staying until the final goodbyes.