PDA

View Full Version : Trump needs to realize he isn't a comedian!

Doc
08-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Its when he tries to be funny and isn't that he gets himself in trouble. Classic example is the faux pas yesterday with the "second amendment" joke that can be interpreted as a threat to Shillary.

If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know.

This after Shillary has the father of the Orlando shooter standing behind her at a rally. His moronic unfunny comment takes the spot light off her major mistake, something he could have scored major points with.

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Mateen-e1470744036571-300x197.jpg

Instead he does his typical childish petty pokes which takes away from an opportunity. Its this type of thing that will cost him. She is willing to make enough mistakes to give him the elections IF he will quit making mistakes on his own.

UKHistory
08-10-2016, 11:48 AM
It is more than a childish joke. I don't want to vote for that woman. She is horrible. But his support of Putin and apparent lack of understanding as to the situation in the Ukraine, his public criticism of NATO and running up the flag pole the suggestion that we won't honor our treaty with fellow NATO countries, now threatening Hillary--it is very frustrating.

And it is a threat. It might be a joke. But the joke is the threat he is encouraging people who believe in the second amendment to kill his election foe is scary.

Now Reagan got on the radio and joked about nuking Russia. It was not well received and made the Russians quite scared but Reagan, unlike Trump, did not appear to be as big a loose cannon. Maybe he was and perhaps dementia was affecting Reagan in the second term--I don't know.

Back to Trump. This comment or the public urging of the Russians to intervene in any way about our elections is frightening.

I strongly support the second amendment and worry what Clinton and her court might do. But for Trump to encourage in any way an angry, disgruntled supporter to kill his opponent is very dangerous.

And let's say Trump was 100% kidding. If we debate what he meant and what he said, how hard is it for our allies and our enemies abroad to decipher the meaning behind his words.

Hillary is unfit to serve. Trump is unfit and unqualified. The democratic process is tempting a military coup with him as legitimate presidential candidate.

jazyd
08-10-2016, 01:53 PM
history, it was a joke, and it was meant to tell gun owners to vote for him. Easy to understand really.
As far as NATO, he said they need to pay their fair share, ok by me
Putin, better look at who really is in bed financially with Putin and Russia, Hillary who sold a large % of our plutonium mfg to Russia for millions to their 'foundation' which is nothing more than a sham. Plus how many more millions have they raked in with their foundation and speaking fees that turn into favors in the state dept. She is an out right crook and will sell this country down the river for money.

Doc
08-10-2016, 02:30 PM
history, it was a joke, and it was meant to tell gun owners to vote for him. Easy to understand really.
Putin, better look at who really is in bed financially with Putin and Russia, Hillary who sold a large % of our plutonium mfg to Russia for millions to their 'foundation' which is nothing more than a sham. Plus how many more millions have they raked in with their foundation and speaking fees that turn into favors in the state dept. She is an out right crook and will sell this country down the river for money.

Simply reading the quote, Trump could have meant the second amendment people could do something... like vote against her. Unfortunately he didn't says "like vote against her" which left the door open for her to finish the sentence and paint it as an invitation to assassinate her.

As for NATO, he is spot on. Time for them to start footing the bill for their defense. Unfortunately its America that is paying for defending the entire free world and that isn't fair. Trumps point never was we are going to leave you out to dry but rather you need to help foot the bill.

As for Russia, this whole thing cracks me up. Hillary claims Trump calling for Russia to get those 30,000 e-mails she deleted was an act of a traitor, calling for Russia to break into the USA secure information. Odd considering those 30,000 e-mails were her yoga schedules and cheesecake recipes. Never knew divulging those types of things would somehow be a break in National Security...unless there was classified stuff in those 30,000 e-mails she deleted. See Hillary, when you lie its very hard to keep your story straight and eventually you will say something that contradicts yourself.

Now all the teeth gnashing about her doing this and that. Same was said about Obama and he didn't do what many feared despite having a congress in his corner for 2 years. Did the GOP obstruct him? No, they did their job in preventing him from doing what much of the nation didn't want. So while another President Clinton would be a disaster, it wouldn't be the epic end of the nation that some are predicting. Yes. there will be long lasting repercussions but hopefully enough backlash to keep her in check. Likewise a President Trump won't be able to forbid all immigration (although that isn't his goal), subjugate women (although isn't his goal) and enslave Mexicans and blacks (although that isn't his goal).

UKHistory
08-10-2016, 02:50 PM

JazyD,

When you are running for president you have to be careful the kind of jokes you make. I am very much against Hilary Clinton and think that she was not a good secretary of state. The foundation itself should disqualify her for being able to run for national office. The email scandal if Clinton as was career state dept. employee would either stall her career with no hope of promotion at best and at worst she would have been terminated and may have been indicted. The intent aspect of the statute that Comey cited would have not gone in someone else's favor.

I want to vote Republican. With regards to NATO paying their share--yeah I agree with that. But I am not going to chastise my partners in public. It sends a bad message internationally.

If Trump was making a joke it was to gun owners to "fix the problem". If he was rallying gun owners to vote for him, that is not a joke. And certainly most advocates of the second amendment don't want to vote for her.

I honestly don't feel like the American people have any voice at all in this election. A loud mouth Yankee or Clinton is not a good choice.

Clinton is a pragmatist. Liberal--yes. But she will say or do anything to get elected. Trump is a guy that if he puts himself in a position to where folks are debating whether he made a joke or a veiled threat about having his supporters kill the democratic nominee, that is not helpful to his cause of getting elected.

I was turned off when he said McCain was not hero for being a POW. We can critique McCain's record and even the results of his efforts with regards to veterans.

But let's agree wounded soldiers, POWs, and those who lose their lives are heroes. I don't have a lot of patience for a guy who would even joke about their heroism.

He made a great point about how Obama was more angry at Trump than he was at the Orlando shooter. That was clear. But this joke or even suggesting that Putin and the Russians play any role in this election is offensive to me.

Doc
08-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Just a couple comments

JazyD,

When you are running for president you have to be careful the kind of jokes you make. I am very much against Hilary Clinton and think that she was not a good secretary of state. The foundation itself should disqualify her for being able to run for national office. The email scandal if Clinton as was career state dept. employee would either stall her career with no hope of promotion at best and at worst she would have been terminated and may have been indicted. The intent aspect of the statute that Comey cited would have not gone in someone else's favor. You are too easy on her. Anybody else would have been jailed. Well actually anybody else would not have been so foolish or so brazen as to do what she did but then she see herself as above the law because to be honest, the laws don't apply to her.

I want to vote Republican. With regards to NATO paying their share--yeah I agree with that. But I am not going to chastise my partners in public. It sends a bad message internationally. Much of Trumps appeal is that he doesn't do things in the traditional diplomatic manner, and I'm cool with that. Its about time our "allies" are called out publicly.

If Trump was making a joke it was to gun owners to "fix the problem". If he was rallying gun owners to vote for him, that is not a joke. And certainly most advocates of the second amendment don't want to vote for her. I agree. I think he was poking the bear and making an inference but the idea that he was suggesting an assassination is asinine. Of course the left wants to paint it that way because it furthers the he is a lunatic persona they are painting.

I honestly don't feel like the American people have any voice at all in this election. A loud mouth Yankee or Clinton is not a good choice. I've stated all along that its a battle of the least worse. However I do see Trump as actual change rather than the promise changed that politicians promise EVERY election. No doubt that Trump will bring something different while Clinton is more establishment politics which bare bones isn't really all that different regardless of which side of the isle you are on. You are looking out for yourself first.

Clinton is a pragmatist. Liberal--yes. But she will say or do anything to get elected. Trump is a guy that if he puts himself in a position to where folks are debating whether he made a joke or a veiled threat about having his supporters kill the democratic nominee, that is not helpful to his cause of getting elected. Trump is an egomaniac. My hope is that his ego carries the nation to a place that other politicians won't dare go, not because I like him but because it will shake up and change what hasn't worked for decades.

I was turned off when he said McCain was not hero for being a POW. We can critique McCain's record and even the results of his efforts with regards to veterans. I thought that was funny as crap. Brutally honest. Yes, it was distasteful and ugly in a manner of speaking but then McCain wasn't an innocent bystander. I'm not a fan of folks who get in a fray, get hit with a punch then cry about it not being fair. But Trump needs to be a bigger person now. He needs to stop with the petty stuff. Its demeaning.

But let's agree wounded soldiers, POWs, and those who lose their lives are heroes. I don't have a lot of patience for a guy who would even joke about their heroism. But heroes don't get a pass. When Hillary put the father on the stage to attack Trump, she bears as much responsibility. No different than if Hillary had come at the parents of those she abandoned in Bengazi, the ones she lied to. Were I Trump, that is the direction I'd have taken. I'd gone to why I was a better leader because I'd never leave a soldier to die alone

He made a great point about how Obama was more angry at Trump than he was at the Orlando shooter. That was clear. But this joke or even suggesting that Putin and the Russians play any role in this election is offensive to me. I'd disagree that he ever made such a reference. Of course if we want to look at governments meddling in elections, just look at the current ones meddling in Israel's! And some would suggest that Russia's payments of the Cllinton foundation played a role in the Clinton campaign.

KeithKSR
08-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Keep in mind that the media gave Hillary a pass when she suggested the Obama assassination in '08.

Doc
08-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Keep in mind that the media gave Hillary a pass when she suggested the Obama assassination in '08.

Trumps comment is a whole lot less threatening than this one (who I won't credit the author yet although I'm not sure he is the originator since he is a well known plagiarizer)

I guarantee you, Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey. They’re going to start peddling that to you. I got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.

jazyd
08-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Gotta agree with doc, I like Trump because he will shake up DC and they need it

Look at all these so called republicans jumping ship. They are scared they will lose their cushy deal and have shown their true colors.

That gold star parent was a prop and what Trump said was mild. I had no problem with it. The guy had his prop and he was used. And his history is somewhat cloudy

KeithKSR
08-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Gotta agree with doc, I like Trump because he will shake up DC and they need it

Look at all these so called republicans jumping ship. They are scared they will lose their cushy deal and have shown their true colors.

That gold star parent was a prop and what Trump said was mild. I had no problem with it. The guy had his prop and he was used. And his history is somewhat cloudy

The establishment on both sides are in a full blown panic.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2016, 09:36 AM
The establishment on both sides are in a full blown panic.

I'm not in the establishment, and I'm in full blown panic. One of these two people will be President, and I simply cannot imagine two worse choices going back through all of US history.

Clinton is a criminal and a corruption driven politician who has and will sell out this country for her own gain all done with a complete media pass to cover her actions, and Trump appears to be an ego-maniacal boorish loudmouth who would be the first person to get punched at any party, and who manages to say things that make the internet look sane.

The best hope for this nation is that whichever one of them wins is quickly embroiled in a scandal so disastrous they have to step down and let their VP take over b/c either of those guys is a vastly better choice.

With his latest comments I'm thinking Trump really is in the race just to make sure Hillary wins, and that has overshadowed what appears to be the unraveling of the most vast racketeering operation in US history, all run by the Clintons. I'm not sure there's any hope for any of us.

Darrell KSR
08-11-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm not in the establishment, and I'm in full blown panic. One of these two people will be President, and I simply cannot imagine two worse choices going back through all of US history.

Clinton is a criminal and a corruption driven politician who has and will sell out this country for her own gain all done with a complete media pass to cover her actions, and Trump appears to be an ego-maniacal boorish loudmouth who would be the first person to get punched at any party, and who manages to say things that make the internet look sane.

The best hope for this nation is that whichever one of them wins is quickly embroiled in a scandal so disastrous they have to step down and let their VP take over b/c either of those guys is a vastly better choice.

With his latest comments I'm thinking Trump really is in the race just to make sure Hillary wins, and that has overshadowed what appears to be the unraveling of the most vast racketeering operation in US history, all run by the Clintons. I'm not sure there's any hope for any of us.

Unfortunately, well-said.

CitizenBBN
08-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately, well-said.

If nothing else, I can now say that I've won the argument that democracy isn't the end goal of any nation or of liberty, that it can be a deeply flawed system and isn't always a good thing.

Its the best system we've come up with so far, but people confuse democracy with liberty and the two are really quite different. If we could insure liberty by turning it all over to a computer that would be just fine, it's just the Founders didn't have one at the time.

The nature of its structure is such that it's prone more to mobocracy than reasoned thought and voting. Interestingly the FOunders foresaw this even within the far smaller voting pool of their day, and built the nation around having checks and balances (today the media calls it gridlock) to prevent much movement at any point in time.

If you asked every American to pick who to vote for, neither of these would win more than 30% of the vote and probably less, but bc of the nature of the structure we use it's very possible for incredibly poor candidates to win a party nomination, and in this race we just so happened to have it to both parties at the same time.

Most Americans don't really have a clue what is going on, and are so easily swayed by slogans and perceptions based in nothing but myth that the whole process is just a mess.

UKHistory
08-11-2016, 02:04 PM
If nothing else, I can now say that I've won the argument that democracy isn't the end goal of any nation or of liberty, that it can be a deeply flawed system and isn't always a good thing.

Its the best system we've come up with so far, but people confuse democracy with liberty and the two are really quite different. If we could insure liberty by turning it all over to a computer that would be just fine, it's just the Founders didn't have one at the time.

The nature of its structure is such that it's prone more to mobocracy than reasoned thought and voting. Interestingly the FOunders foresaw this even within the far smaller voting pool of their day, and built the nation around having checks and balances (today the media calls it gridlock) to prevent much movement at any point in time.

If you asked every American to pick who to vote for, neither of these would win more than 30% of the vote and probably less, but bc of the nature of the structure we use it's very possible for incredibly poor candidates to win a party nomination, and in this race we just so happened to have it to both parties at the same time.

Most Americans don't really have a clue what is going on, and are so easily swayed by slogans and perceptions based in nothing but myth that the whole process is just a mess.

Well said my friend. Well said.

dan_bgblue
08-12-2016, 09:31 PM

Totally agree. What is really sad is that conscientious objectors like BE and Darrell, and likely others here who have not told us what they think, realize that both candidates are so poor that they will vote for neither. The folks you mentioned above actually think that one or the other of the current candidates being discussed actually represent their views and the best interests of the country. The dumbing down of the American voter has been going on for a long time, but may never have been more evident than it is today.

Doc
08-13-2016, 06:15 AM
The fallacy of if you don't vote for one candidate it's a vote for the other is one I don't get. Now if there is a mandate to vote for one or the other then it applies but no such requirement exists.

For me, I gave up long ago voting for somebody I actually liked instead opting to vote for the least objectionable since that's all that is typically presented by the major parties. It just so happens this year's choices are particularly poor. However I do believe while Trump isn't ideal, he isn't as bad as perceived although much of that perception is of his own doing. He is at least acceptable albeit barely while she is an outright crook who I did prefer over Obama based on policy 8 years ago but based on ethical standards, knowing what I know now, I'd even vote for Obama over her

KeithKSR
08-14-2016, 01:50 PM
The fallacy of if you don't vote for one candidate it's a vote for the other is one I don't get. Now if there is a mandate to vote for one or the other then it applies but no such requirement exists.

For me, I gave up long ago voting for somebody I actually liked instead opting to vote for the least objectionable since that's all that is typically presented by the major parties. It just so happens this year's choices are particularly poor. However I do believe while Trump isn't ideal, he isn't as bad as perceived although much of that perception is of his own doing. He is at least acceptable albeit barely while she is an outright crook who I did prefer over Obama based on policy 8 years ago but based on ethical standards, knowing what I know now, I'd even vote for Obama over her

I suspect that there will be a lot more people staying home this November than in 2008 and 2012. Given polls are based on those turnouts this election may be a lot closer at present than polls reflect.

badrose
08-14-2016, 02:40 PM
I've heard there will be an October surprise that will hurt Hillary. Any one else?

dan_bgblue
08-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Someone hacks into her broom and programs it to land right in the middle of Iran on the 31st?

KeithKSR
08-15-2016, 05:58 PM
I've heard there will be an October surprise that will hurt Hillary. Any one else?

Julian Assange is making it known he has a bomb to drop.