PDA

View Full Version : This is so bad...

badrose
08-06-2016, 08:48 AM
on so many levels. SMH

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/08/04/mother-of-7-doused-in-gasoline-set-on-fire-in-broad-daylight/

dan_bgblue
08-07-2016, 06:32 PM
If they catch him, I know that suncat has plenty of good rope we could use.

suncat05
08-09-2016, 12:27 PM
That right there is the kind of SOB that after you bury him, you dig him back up and kill him again just to be sure he's good-n-dead.
I know you guys believe me when I tell you this, but there are just some people in this world that need killing. And this gasoline a-hole is a prime example of which I speak. And I don't care how this lady knows him or if she even did something to him, nobody deserves to be done like that. Douse a woman in gasoline and set her on fire and just walk away? That is just pure evil right there.

Darrell KSR
08-09-2016, 12:58 PM
d.
I know you guys believe me when I tell you this, but there are just some people in this world that need killing.

There's a county very close to where I live (Mick would know the county immediately, I bet, when I say this), where everyone says that there are a few legal defenses to a crime.

Not guilty, because they didn't do it.
Not guilty, because they didn't prove it.
Not guilty, because the guy needed killing.

I've been told that by someone from within the system, too.

suncat05
08-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Darrell, I know that it may have sounded a bit rude and crude, especially coming from me, but that's just how I see this. There "are" a few among us on this earth that should not be breathing the same air that we and our families do.
There are depraved and dangerous people walking this earth that are a real, genuine threat to everyone they come in contact with.

PedroDaGr8
08-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Darrell, I know that it may have sounded a bit rude and crude, especially coming from me, but that's just how I see this. There "are" a few among us on this earth that should not be breathing the same air that we and our families do.
There are depraved and dangerous people walking this earth that are a real, genuine threat to everyone they come in contact with.

My problem with the death penalty has NEVER been with the fact that there aren't people in this world that need to be removed. Without a doubt there are some terrible horrible people who deserve not only death but a painful one at that. That is an absolute FACT. My problem is with the death penalty is how there have already been over 100 people on death row who were exonerated for their crimes and likely quite a few more who should have been but have not been because they are already dead. While this might be "acceptable casualties" for some, for me it is not. The death of an innocent man commits TWO wrong, instead of making one right. 1) it kills a man who has not done anything to deserve it (and the state is doing it at that) and 2) it allows the real murderer to go free for the rest of his life free of any guilt or fear of repercussions. While I am not a death penalty abolitionist (at least not at this time, I don't know how my beliefs will change in the future) I do believe that cases deserve way more scrutiny than they currently do. Like it or not, race does play a role in the death penalty, socioeconomic status VERY MUCH plays a role in the death penalty, even personality plays a role in if a person is found innocent or guilty. I would much rather imprison these people in a high security prison and have that be that. Is it more expensive? Yes. Does it allow a wrongly convicted man the chance at freedom? Yes. Just my $0.02.

suncat05
08-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Valid points all, Pedro. And I agree, mostly.
Many years ago there were an abundance of ways for innocent people to wrongly end up in prison. Or on the rare occasion, worse. But with the ever increasing ability of law enforcement to decipher evidence and the certainty that DNA evidence gives us now to discern whether person(s) are innocent, wrongful incarceration happens much less than it did before.
Are there still going to be mistakes made? Absolutely. While our system of justice may be the best available to anyone anywhere, it is most certainly far from perfect. That is why we have to keep working toward truth, justice, and fairness for everybody. We're a nation of laws. That is what the Founding Fathers wanted, and want us to strive for. Given all that happens daily in this country, we do a much better job of it than some are willing to recognize.
And I stand by what I said. There are monsters living among us. They do not deserve that right, just as we do not deserve to be victimized by them.