PDA

View Full Version : 400 mil in cash on pallets to Iran?

Catonahottinroof
08-03-2016, 10:53 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/02/us-sent-400-million-in-cash-to-iran-as-prisoners-were-freed-wsj-reports.html

dan_bgblue
08-03-2016, 11:17 AM
The payment was made in foreign currency as it is illegal under U.S. laws to deal with Iran in dollars. Iran also still faces sanctions limiting its access to global markets.

It is not the letter of the law we should follow as we only need to comply with how we interpret the law

Can anyone imagine how it would go down if Exon had been buying oil from Iran and paying for it in French Francs while American firms were banned from doing business with Iran?

Catonahottinroof
08-03-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm flabbergasted by this. The fact that it is in cash would lead you to believe they were trying to hide it. It also smells like cash for hostages.

jazyd
08-03-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm flabbergasted by this. The fact that it is in cash would lead you to believe they were trying to hide it. It also smells like cash for hostages.

The reason it smells is because it is dirty. Obama and his administration including one Hillary R Clinton is the dirtiest most corrupt presidential administration we have ever had. He does what he wants and the GOP are spineless to stop him. They got caught and now the spin starts just like Bill and that corrupt AG on the plane deal and they have the liberal media to cover for them.

And those that vote that party believe all that crap even when the facts are right in front of their noses. One has to be a total liberal thinking the government takes care of all...as long as that liberal is part of the elite...or so stupid they dont' know any different.

And Hillary will be even worse than Obama, a pathological liar who is totally corrupt with a husband who is just as bad. The total federal courts, not just the Supreme Court, will be destroyed for years and this country will be gone. Forever.

badrose
08-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Pretty much in line with that nuke agreement he made with Iran a few months ago. You know, the one that put Israel in jeopardy.

suncat05
08-03-2016, 12:26 PM
And yet "they" are amazed that "we" don't trust our government? Hmmmm.........I can't imagine WHY!

dan_bgblue
08-03-2016, 12:58 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iran-nuclear-talks/400m-payment-iran-americans-freed-not-ransom-white-house-n622196

Catonahottinroof
08-03-2016, 01:07 PM

Doc
08-03-2016, 07:42 PM

Come on..have you ever tried to buy something for $400,000,000 with a credit card? The last time I did it they wanted 8 forms of identification. Much easier to pay in cash.

Catonahottinroof
08-03-2016, 09:15 PM
A simple wire of the funds would have been sufficient, and it could have been wired in Francs, Euros or GBP......but that would leave an electronic trail.

MickintheHam
08-04-2016, 08:15 AM
A simple wire of the funds would have been sufficient, and it could have been wired in Francs, Euros or GBP......but that would leave an electronic trail.

That's exactly why it happened as it did. That's what you do if you want a transparent presidency.