PDA

View Full Version : More UNC scandal news.

DanISSELisdaman
11-17-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/11/17/2490476/insider-unc-tolerated-cheating.html

dan_bgblue
11-17-2012, 07:45 PM
If her info can be verified or supported by others, that is a damning bit of information.

badrose
11-17-2012, 08:56 PM
More of the same which should have been enough. At this point I'm doubtful anything will happen, but at least I'll never have to listen to their "holier than thou" bs anymore.

Krank
11-19-2012, 01:31 AM
I want blood and I deserve it... a river of baby blue blood inflected with Crybaby Roy-tear-filled waters flooding Tobacco Road.

There is no dirtier coach in the sport. There is no program whose claims of integrity are so loudly blared while the actual TRUTH of their reality is so morally decrepit. Because of how OBVIOUS it is that Williams AND his MANY players, administrators, etal have to have been involved to bogusly win games, one can never entrust them to DEAL with how to run a program PROPERLY.

North Carolina's scarred heels are the epitome of everything that is wrong with the sport...

well, that is, after the NCAA's inability to disprove their outward bias in favor of CERTAIN cheaters... Dirty Roy, his players, his bosses, his assistants, academic advisors, and who knows who else, especially of the cloth woven from the worshipped Dean Smith...

WHAT? Some of you don't think HE cheated? Sorry. You will have to prove it to me or I will side with what seems more likely due to what we know now.

DanISSELisdaman
11-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Yep! What the Kranken said.

Doc
11-19-2012, 08:42 AM
I want blood and I deserve it... a river of baby blue blood inflected with Crybaby Roy-tear-filled waters flooding Tobacco Road.

There is no dirtier coach in the sport. There is no program whose claims of integrity are so loudly blared while the actual TRUTH of their reality is so morally decrepit. Because of how OBVIOUS it is that Williams AND his MANY players, administrators, etal have to have been involved to bogusly win games, one can never entrust them to DEAL with how to run a program PROPERLY.

North Carolina's scarred heels are the epitome of everything that is wrong with the sport...

well, that is, after the NCAA's inability to disprove their outward bias in favor of CERTAIN cheaters... Dirty Roy, his players, his bosses, his assistants, academic advisors, and who knows who else, especially of the cloth woven from the worshipped Dean Smith...

WHAT? Some of you don't think HE cheated? Sorry. You will have to prove it to me or I will side with what seems more likely due to what we know now.

While I agree with much of what you say, I don't with the Roy is dirtier than any coach in any sport. I know there are several worse.
What bothers me as well is the holier than though denial crap attitude that UNC-CH fosters. Almost as bad as Duke. I'm more bothered by the fact that it appears to be very widespread within the school where it was deemed OK by administrators etc... In that aspect it was similar to the PSU pedophile case where higher ups were aware of the situation but elected to ignore and/or actively participate in the covering up of the issue for the sake of the program (and NO, I'm not equating the bogus courses to sexually assaulting minors as being similar, only the schools actions to cover up). Likewise I'm bothered by the NCAA's lack of attention. Other school get hammered for this type of stuff. If academic fraud, giving bogus classes and grades to athletes, etc...does not qualify as something that NCAA should be concerned about then I'm not sure what does.

Krank
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
While I agree with much of what you say, I don't with the Roy is dirtier than any coach in any sport. I know there are several worse.
What bothers me as well is the holier than though denial crap attitude that UNC-CH fosters. Almost as bad as Duke. I'm more bothered by the fact that it appears to be very widespread within the school where it was deemed OK by administrators etc... In that aspect it was similar to the PSU pedophile case where higher ups were aware of the situation but elected to ignore and/or actively participate in the covering up of the issue for the sake of the program (and NO, I'm not equating the bogus courses to sexually assaulting minors as being similar, only the schools actions to cover up). Likewise I'm bothered by the NCAA's lack of attention. Other school get hammered for this type of stuff. If academic fraud, giving bogus classes and grades to athletes, etc...does not qualify as something that NCAA should be concerned about then I'm not sure what does.

Doc, the reason I call Dirty Roy "dirtiEST" is because, to me, when one does look at how widespread throughout the UNC system this goes, I have to point the finger at the leader of the program. THAT is Roy. He is the mouthpiece. He is the one who promotes the "Carolina Way" like no other individual.

There are many cases where the coach is blamed for something one player did or an assistant, or what have you. This all happened on his watch, not just a little activity, a LOT, thus he had to know whether or not a kid who was academically challenged could "get his grades" as one example.

He's too deeply involved in how successful UNC basketball has been, is, and will continue to potentially be. Since I believe this to be one of the worst scandals in the history of the sport, I call Dirty Roy straight OUT as RESPONSIBLE for the CHEATING at HIS program.

JMO FWIW.

CatinIL
11-21-2012, 08:15 AM
UNC and the NCAA will just get a bigger rug to sweep this under...

Krank
11-21-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope ALL college basketball fans got to watch Butler wax UNC last night and also that they understood the IRONY of the big-time program who FALSELY promoted themselves as having strong academic integrity combined with athletics going down to the small school that REALLY does have that EXACT integrity. Man, was THAT beautiful.

Go Butler (my second fave team to UK) and may the Scarheels turn into a big pile of poo for the rest of the year. They certainly do NOT deserve any success given their stained history and cheating ways.

SalsaKat
11-23-2012, 10:39 PM
I'mma just leave this here. (http://www2.wbtw.com/news/2012/nov/23/10/unc-professor-convicted-cocaine-smuggling-trip-mee-ar-5029071/)

DanISSELisdaman
11-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Hmmmm...I wonder if the apartment that he is spending his house arrest time at is the famous bikini models apartment?? :thinking2: