PDA

View Full Version : BE

jazyd
07-27-2016, 09:36 PM
brian, I tried and hoped you would change your mind. Hoped citizen would have more sway

I told you I admired you a lot, have ever since our old aol days. So I will honor your decision but still hope you change your mind :)

At least you took my advise on that banana foster cheese cake in New Orleans :)

KSRBEvans
07-28-2016, 09:23 AM
No worries, jazy. And I've not made up my mind--it's just how I see things so far.

The late National Review publisher William Rusher used to tell new employees, "Politicians will always disappoint you." I try not to take politics too personally.

suncat05
07-28-2016, 10:28 AM
As long as you remember that most of them (not all, but most!) are animals motivated by greed and avarice and are only in politics to line their pockets with any special interest money they can get their grubby fingers on, at their constituents expense, then you're one step ahead of them. Oh, yeah, one other thing about those same folks........they're like prison convicts, if their lips are moving, they're lying.

jazyd
07-28-2016, 05:56 PM
I knew you would understand.

The man who owns my s/c 'was' a big Kasich supporter, spent a ton of money to bring him here for a speaking engagement at a fund raiser, I went and ended up voting for Kasich. The owner is very big in the GOP in the state, was a delegate last week and was right behind the gov of Miss in the roll call.

He is very mad at Kasich right now, sent a letter wanting a refund, laughed saying he knows he won't get it.

He is not a big Trump supporter, still isn't but said the future of th e country for his grandchildren is more important to him than how he feels toward Trump and is willing to keep an open mind.

Personally I like Trump, he and I are similiar in that we speak our mind w/o worrying about offending someone if it is the truth.