PDA

View Full Version : State Department sent taxpayer funds to group trying to oust Netanyahu

dan_bgblue
07-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Foreign policy is not the strong suit of this State Department (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/12/state-department-sent-taxpayer-funds-to-group-trying-to-oust-netanyahu.html)

suncat05
07-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Another albatross to hang around the old hag's neck.

badrose
07-12-2016, 03:18 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

Doc
07-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Now wonder Bennie gives him the cold shoulder! Interesting (and hypocritical) that its ILLEGAL for foreigners to make contributions that influence US elections. But I guess its not hypocritical when the laws apply to every but those in power.

Doc
07-12-2016, 03:24 PM
In one stunning finding, the subcommittee said OneVoice even told the State Department’s top diplomat in Jerusalem of its plans in an email, but the official, Consul General Michael Ratney, claims never to have seen them.

Wonder if that e-mail got deleted. I mean it did go to the State Deparmtent

Doc
07-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Might want to combine these threads

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?33227-Totally-unacceptable

kingcat
07-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Is there an article on the subject other than this one on Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church conservative blog?

I won't read it. But I am interested in a balanced account of what happened.

dan_bgblue
07-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks Doc

kingcat
07-12-2016, 04:57 PM
No offense Badrose, I just honestly do not read the Times ever since the editor changed a writers story to make an Al Franken White house performance look bad. it was likely bad enough without their underhandedness. :)

It is a propaganda tool.

dan_bgblue
07-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Kingcat, I searched for any article about this issue from ABC, CBS, NBC, and MSNBC, and did not find anything going all the way back to when the first rumor appeared back in February of this year. CNN did have an article about the original report/rumor back in March, but nothing yesterday or today.

I did post a fox news link that somehow wound up in the first post in this thread

badrose
07-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Kingcat, I searched for any article about this issue from ABC, CBS, NBC, and MSNBC, and did not find anything going all the way back to when the first rumor appeared back in February of this year. CNN did have an article about the original report/rumor back in March, but nothing yesterday or today.

I did post a fox news link that somehow wound up in the first post in this thread

I looked for it elsewhere as well, but I knew better than to look for it in those places you listed first. Surprised CNN had one. Drudge is the only source I use.

kingcat
07-12-2016, 05:17 PM

Weird. My browser did show John as the originator of the thread. As for the Fox report, that's just a blog piece from The Washington Free Beacon they quoted and linked to. An even more conservative blog. ;)

CitizenBBN
07-12-2016, 05:33 PM
No offense Badrose, I just honestly do not read the Times ever since the editor changed a writers story to make an Al Franken White house performance look bad. it was likely bad enough without their underhandedness. :)

It is a propaganda tool.

You yourself have claimed quite often that they are ALL propaganda tools. The Times is no more biased than the Post or the NYT or CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS for that matter. Different focus and spin, but all about the same otherwise.

There have been multiple reports of Obama and Hillary's State Department meddling in the last israeli election, I read about it some months ago where they are funding NGOs there that are anti-conservative. One Netanyahu senior person said to thank Obama b/c his meddling was reported widely enough in Israel that it probably helped push Netanyahu over the top in the election.

The proper source for this is what was reported in Israel, and it most definitely was reported.

Besides, the "mainstream" media wouldn't report something negative on Hillary if she ran over a Girl Scout Troop and then got out and stole the cookies. :)

kingcat
07-12-2016, 05:43 PM
You yourself have claimed quite often that they are ALL propaganda tools. The Times is no more biased than the Post or the NYT or CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS for that matter. Different focus and spin, but all about the same otherwise.

That's a matter of one's perspective.

I disagree, that the slant is universal in scope. Comparing CNN to the Washington times is extremely farfetched imo.
As for the Fox News thing (which was surprisingly absent from your list of slanted news media ;) ), there is a reason they give credit to the Beacon for that version of the report.

But this is just rehashing the same old stuff, which is not really appropriate on this board..nor expedient for anyone with dissenting opinions.

I do not frequent blogs of any type, or any slant.

Catonahottinroof
07-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Yes it is. I wouldn't champion CNN as the harbinger of truth either. They have an agenda just as all the others.

I disagree, that the slant is universal in scope. Comparing CNN to the Washington times is extremely farfetched imo.
As for the Fox News thing (which was surprisingly absent from your list of slanted news media ;) ), there is a reason they give credit to the Beacon for that version of the report.

But this is just rehashing the same old stuff, which is not really appropriate on this board..nor for anyone expedient for any dissenting opinions.

CitizenBBN
07-12-2016, 06:17 PM

But this is just rehashing the same old stuff, which is not really appropriate on this board..nor for anyone expedient for any dissenting opinions.

Of course fox has their take on things, but the idea that the CNN's of the world are somehow fair and unbiased and Fox is is nonsense. Both have their own slant on things, as has always been the case in the media.

The difference is that fox dares have a more center-right perspective, which in this country is a serious breach of media belief systems. I love how it gets held up as the shining example of bias when I know all too well where it lies on the political spectrum, and where the others lie too.

My comparison is not farfetched at all. CNN isn't the worst, NBC/MSNBC is by far the worst, but they have a wonderful subtlety to their bias that makes them more dangerous in the end.

I've read and dissected political writing for a long time, I'm pretty good at spotting how wording and focus is used to present a case and still come off as objective. I have a lifelong fascination with the art of such presentation. It would take hours and hours to lay out the case, and I have persuaded a few over the years but very few as to how ALL of these groups display bias, but I am very comfortable with my assessment. It can be done with a fair amount of quantitative support in fact, but it takes a long time to look at it all.

If forced to choose I'd compare the Times to the Post/NYT in terms of balance. CNN and Fox are a close enough comparison on the scale, with MSNBC somewhere over near Newsmax or someone.