PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Shooter a "Martyr," says first black Miss Alabama

Darrell KSR
07-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Oh, joy--what a great representation this is for our state, and for people of all races.

Idiot.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/12/ex-miss-alabama-dallas-cop-killer-martyr-kalyn-chapman-james/

KeithKSR
07-12-2016, 09:53 AM
It appears she is not alone.

suncat05
07-12-2016, 11:05 AM
How about we get ALL of the violent thugs to stop committing violent crimes against innocent people instead? And even though "she says" she's not advocating violence against LEO'S, her actual words say something completely the opposite.
So which is it? I'm confused. Actually, no, I'm not. The shooter is a "martyr? BULLYANG!! He's a murderer. Plain & simple. He murdered LEO'S because he was a racist piece of garbage, and he used an event staged by another group of racists as an excuse to do what he did.
This reverse racism makes me angry. When are these morons going to understand that right is right and wrong is wrong? Ethnicity makes no difference.

kingcat
07-12-2016, 12:44 PM
There are an evenly spread number of nutjobs across the races.
I certainly wouldn't use these types as any kind of sample.

"These types" run the full gamut across racial lines. they should not have a voice imho.
The media certainly likes to instigate however.

KeithKSR
07-12-2016, 12:55 PM

"These types" run the full gamut across racial lines. they should not have a voice imho.

They tend to get the biggest voice.

Doc
07-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Its too bad that their actions have taken the focus of the nation off of the Black Lives Matters cause.

CitizenBBN
07-12-2016, 08:42 PM

She's in the media, she's an independent reporter with a station. A station that issued a statement only that it didn't express their views, but she up till now still has her job.

Anyone coming out in favor of killing blacks as a matter of reaction even to crime or a black person having harmed them would be summarily roasted, fired, and maybe investigated criminally. You do see it on the fringe with KKK and Nazi groups, who are so far outside of our normal society it's not funny. No person suggesting such sick, hateful things towards minorities would survive, but many actually believe that a minority cannot by definition be racist and even if they are it's somehow OK.

People like this have a voice b/c leaders like Obama and Hillary and others give them voice and moreover give them validation. While they don't directly endorse violence, they feed the victim mentality and self absorbed perspective as hard as they can, and that's what creates this situation.

She wasn't alone, she's had a lot of POSITIVE response to her video from a media and Leftist created myth that young black men are most threatened in this country by law enforcement.

The truth is that Obama had a rare chance to truly take a step forward with race relations in this country. He could have focused on bringing people together. In the end it's a simple choice on the minority side of choosing the path of Martin Luther King or choosing the path of Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam. Obama has shown at the very least a strong tolerance for the latter which has given it that voice and legitimacy. He could have charted a path on one side of Dr. King and conveyed that message to middle America and found ways to build ties in communities, but he chose just the opposite.

his rush to judgement in cases like Treyvon Martin and Ferguson has legitimized others rushing to judgement, yet he shows tone deaf restraint in things like terror attacks by radical Islamists, so it's clearly a conscious choice and not something he just does all the time.

That has nothing to do with the media, and everything to do with political opportunism and the Leftist belief that white people really should feel guilty for being white and that everyone else really is in jail or whatever b/c they are victims.

there's no doubt racism in the world, but Obama hasn't tried to reduce it, he's just tried to get the river flowing the other direction, excusing obvious racism time and again if he thinks that racism is somehow justified by what he sees as a lack of social justice.

Dont' get me wrong, there are a lot of things on the right which have exacerbated the situation as well, not the least of which is the conservative obsession with the war on drugs. It's been a debacle from start to finish, spending hundreds of billions and incarcerating millions and the majority of them minorities, driving the organization of gangs which terrorize inner cities and driving a wedge between law enforcement and the community. It's as big a failure as Prohibition with exactly the same consequences, it's just that we've kept it up a lot longer.

But this divide isn't just b/c of media coverage. For that many people to really be OK with murdering cops in the name of retribution, that means a lot of people have been convinced of the lie. Yes the media fed that lie, but it was the leaders of the Left who sold it to the media to push in the first place. And they did it for their own gain, and still do right to this day.

kingcat
07-12-2016, 09:24 PM
We tend to see racism when and where we want to see it. It's becoming an agenda driven phenomenon on all sides.
The "right" (as it's being represented) more than holds their own.

If our President was White, there would be little in depth discussion of such things and certainly less psychoanalyzing his/her motives. That's not to say every decision he might make is the correct one. Only that he walks a precarious line with lions ready to pounce at every turn. And without precedent to guide him.

What fuels the anger??...I believe it's the fist pounding from both sides. And the media's desire to influence politics at any cost to our nation. And that media is driven by, and a reflection of the politics of whoever controls it at the very top. that is the state of things now.

But still, the problem at its foundation is in the hearts of individuals of all colors and political ideologies , and self examination is not a desirable option for any of us.

As a people we are easily manipulated with regard to race relations because we have now intertwined politics and race. And we have the ingredients in play which make that an ideal focal point for the upcoming election.

Bigotry?...Similar to War games..the only correct move is not to play. Let the police do their jobs as they see fit, prosecute any who shame the badge, and squelch our sharp tongues when some nut says something stupid.
And do not politicize it or allow the media to do so. Some things just don't need to be waved in each others faces over and over like a Pitino sexual indiscretion on the day of the big game.

Or will we just continue to tune in and choose a side to fight on? Blindness in part may be our ultimate downfall

There's one thing we all agree on.
There can be no winner if we divide. Whether along racial lines or politically. That's not just a Black/White issue either.

Catonahottinroof
07-12-2016, 10:20 PM
It's an incredibly stupid, ill advised comment, only made worse by her crown.

CitizenBBN
07-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Every white President who has presided over racial blow ups has had his actions and words picked part easily as much as Obama and IMO far more in most cases.

yes, we do tend to see racism where we want to see it, which is why now anyone who dares even question the tactics of BLM or others are immediately branded racists. There can't even be a debate, this is just a modern witch hunt where anyone who dares question the inquisitor must be hiding their wrongs.

Obama has only stoked these fires by even today bringing up Jim Crow and slavery, only adding justification.

Let me break this to these movements: carrying past grievances around like a martyr or a shield won't get us anywhere. That mentality is why some regions of the world have spent the last 1,000 years at war.

None of what he talked about today focused on any SOLUTIONS, or a path to move forward. Just 8 years of telling everyone how justified they are to be angry.

This is what happens when people give into Leftist thinking. It has a foundational belief that people are victims and cannot overcome their victimized plight without wallowing in it and without others all acknowledging it and sacrificing for it, etc. ad infinitum.

Obama has engaged in NO discussion of what is really laying waste to young black men: gang violence, drugs, incarceration, etc. and done absolutely NOTHING about those things despite being President.

He did actually do an early release thing for some who are incarcerated, but it's pretty small step, and that's the only thing that comes to mind. Seriously, what else has he done or proposed be done?

Well he's proposed gun bans so when people are battling each other in the streets over drug turf or when they are so mad they lash out at the world there is less collateral damage. Gee, thanks.

We won't turn this around until we examine what drives people to go so far as to say they can't feel bad for dead officers who did nothing wrong. When we've gotten tot his level of blind retribution we're now no different than the centuries old battles in backward parts of this world where people only hate and kill for the sake of it, having long since forgotten why they started.

The Dallas police chief did a lot more in his call to join and be part of the solution. Obama only feeds the anger by saying they're justified to feel so angry, when in truth the facts don't even support it.

CitizenBBN
07-12-2016, 10:36 PM
It's an incredibly stupid, ill advised comment, only made worse by her crown.

If anything her crown proves how hollow is her anger. How much it is based on the leftist victim frenzy and not her real experiences.

Seriously, she won Miss Alabama, has a job and seems to be a perfectly regular middle class American. What happened to her in her personal life that was so bad she thinks randomly killing 5 people who never did any harm to her or anyone else is somehow OK or even understandable?

No, she's been told it's all that bad, and I'm sure has seen racism, but so much it makes killing innocent cops understandable? Really?

I seriously doubt it. It's all part of the idea that one should be on a college campus and never be offended,ever, and that there should be some Constitutional guarantee to a "safe space" where one's beliefs and ideas, no matter how readily disproved, should never be challenged.

Be mad about the gangs, or the drug use, or the almost nonexistent economic opportunities that are the real plague on young black men, and demand jobs and opportunities. Reach out to groups that are working for positive change, not groups and lunatics who think the answer to abuse, real or perceived, is to pick up a gun and go killing the first person of the ethnicity you think is to blame.

Seriously, how twisted must you be to think it's OK to go kill people of a certain race just b/c you think that race overall wronged your race? If we still had slavery I get it, then you're engaging in a war to overthrow a government or an occupying force, but we have no need for wars in a land where you can protest and vote and make changes without violence and moreover where almost everyone agrees racism is evil and should be eliminated. Who are you fighting exactly when the "other side" agrees we need to be equals? Even if we're not there yet it's not justification for a war of terrorism.

The only thing more absurd than her statement is that she's not being run out of town on a rail for having said it.

kingcat
07-12-2016, 10:50 PM
So, what do we do to prevent further erosion of our national unity?

I'm certain President Obama is not to blame for what's happening. But let's say he has not handled things in a way that brings us all together after the fact...what's the conservative solution? Trump?
Or could the fact that conservatives have chosen him to represent them, in spite of the racial tension he creates, be part of the problem?
Yet, one don't hear much uproar about his overtly racist statements, except in the context of his chances at winning the presidency.

Political rhetoric doesn't help one iota. It creates further division.

And generally speaking, a huge part of what's being reported is just that.

CitizenBBN
07-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Obama didn't "cause" it, but he has inflamed it by focusing on grievances and not solutions.

No, of course Trump isn't the answer to this. He's a symptom of it, just as Bernie is a symptom of other kinds of frustrations. Trump could be, anyone could be if they'd focus on the real problems and answers, but if he picks Gingrich and wins then we can get something done b/c Newt has outstanding ideas on this very issue.

Part of why they chose him isn't b/c he's pro-white or something, but bc he's so anti-PC, and yes there's a lot of frustration in middle America and among white Americans with the PC movement, but it's certainly not limited to whites. Trump goes too far, but yes lots of people are tired of having to pay homage to the idea of microaggressions and safe spaces. It's nonsense dreamed up by people who have faced far too little real adversity in their lives and sold to those with far too much adversity in their lives as the reason for their adversity.

Of course public rhetoric can help, if it's constructive rhetoric that focuses on the real problems and real solutions. For example, talk about the problems in the black community that are even more pressing, and what we can do about them.

I agree the media reports it all to create division, but again look at what the leaders are saying and most of them are the ones turning the presses for them.

PS - seriously, Newt Gingrich understands this issue better than about anyone, and has for decades. His work on things like enterprise zones is exactly what we need, to create economic opportunities and educational opportunities. THAT is the only thing that will turn this around and actually help anyone.

Think about it. BLM shut down a gay pride march and their demands were crap like having more blacks on the committee for the parade. Really?

How about demanding better schools and more opportunities to start a small business or to hire people in inner cities who need jobs? The irony is most of the policies on the Left do just the opposite, from driving police from these crime ridden neighborhoods to regulating small business to death so some creative young man can't just hang out a shingle and maybe make a living and maybe even hire some people.

War, strife, hate, it all stems from economics. Even the drug problem is largely economic, at least the crime and gang stuff tied to it is economics, and the consumption is in part tied to the hopelessness of not having economic opportunities.

Do BLM or the Panthers or Nation of Islam call for better education or MORE policing to create safe areas where businesses can open and create job opportunities in bad neighborhoods? Does Obama? Is Hillary?

Nope, Hillary and Obama and the rest are all focused like lasers on telling us that first every breathing white person has to feel guilty for things other white people they may not even be related to from 150 years ago did. Not just feel bad that it happened, but guilty that we were born white. First we have to "wake up" as white people to the idea that there's racism and anger on the part of many minorities. Does she think we live under rocks? Anyone of any race who doesn't know that is in a cemetery.

Trump isn't calling for all the right things either, the difference is he's not claiming to be a champion of this issue. Hillary is the one promising to be so in touch with the black community and such a big champion of those causes. The problem is it's a lie, she's a multi-millionaire Wall Street backed politician who pays lip service to the plight of the urban poor but has not proposed anything but more and more government, simply spending even more after it's failed for 60 years.

kingcat
07-13-2016, 11:09 AM
I agree with Marianne. Newt lacks the moral character to serve this country as proven to her during their 18 years together
Newt divorced his cancer stricken first wife to marry Marianne by the way.

The man proved a hypocrite and a liar, and not fit to hold public office.

Doc
07-13-2016, 12:32 PM
I agree with Marianne. Newt lacks the moral character to serve this country as proven to her during their 18 years together

So lets vote in the moral stalwart and ethically driven Hillary.

Darrell KSR
07-13-2016, 12:56 PM
So lets vote in the moral stalwart and ethically driven Hillary.
It seems we always hear this, but there are no good choices. Not even any mediocre ones, IMO. Every time I look at "the" alternative, it is awful as well.

CitizenBBN
07-13-2016, 01:06 PM

By that standard I assume Hillary isn't going to get your vote either? Or is it OK to lie and be a hypocrite to the American people as part of your job OK but in your private life it's a disqualification? I presume you didn't vote for Bill Clinton either given his off the job moral issues?

Sorry, he's one of the finest minds in Washington. He has a better grasp of political economy than anyone, and I'm hiring him, not marrying him. I have followed his career very closely for a long time, and he's never done anything professionally with which I have more than a minor issue here and there.

In fact most of the greatest men and women in history were imperfect in their personal lives. It's when it crosses into their professional behavior that I have issues.

badrose
07-13-2016, 01:32 PM
Newt was the reason Bill had a respectable term as President as he practically rubber-stamped most of what Newt pushed through. (discretions aside)

BTW I hope Trump gets another running mate but uses Gingrich as an adviser. Why deal with the complications if you don't have to?

Doc
07-13-2016, 02:19 PM
It seems we always hear this, but there are no good choices. Not even any mediocre ones, IMO. Every time I look at "the" alternative, it is awful as well.

I agree. but find the argument that Newt is morally corrupt so I can't vote for him..... but can for Hillary, is beyond ridiculous. If you can't vote for him fine but don't give the reason that he is morally or ethically corrupt then vote for Hillary. Its like just after the decision to not indict Hillary for the e-mail scandal, I got something from a liberal about how Karl Rove deleted a bunch of e-mails and there was no stink about it (although there was). My response was "If Rove runs for President, I won't vote for him"... and I wouldn't if the democratic candidate was a better choice. But don't give me some BS about how the person you have no intention of voting for because they have an "R" or "D" after their name is corrupt then you vote for somebody as corrupt, dishonest, etc...... in your party. You're not voting against the person because he is dishonest, corrupt etc and that you would never vote for a dishonest or corrupt person.

KeithKSR
07-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Hillary sold favors at the state department and pocketed the proceeds as Clinton Foundation donations, and lied to the American people multiple times. She attacked women who reported Bill's sexual misdoings. Clearly she sets the moral bar much lower than Newt has ventured.

suncat05
07-14-2016, 10:39 AM
I think Trump gets Pence as his VP candidate and has Gingrich in a high level position in his administration. It Trump wins the election. I also believe Trump will have a stellar cabinet full of the very best available that would be willing to serve. JMHO.

KeithKSR
07-14-2016, 10:46 AM
So, what do we do to prevent further erosion of our national unity?

I'm certain President Obama is not to blame for what's happening. But let's say he has not handled things in a way that brings us all together after the fact...what's the conservative solution? Trump?
Or could the fact that conservatives have chosen him to represent them, in spite of the racial tension he creates, be part of the problem?
Yet, one don't hear much uproar about his overtly racist statements, except in the context of his chances at winning the presidency.

Political rhetoric doesn't help one iota. It creates further division.

And generally speaking, a huge part of what's being reported is just that.

Obama is greatly at fault for the current situation. He took incidents that had little lasting news value and nationalized them by promoting a false narrative.

KeithKSR
07-14-2016, 10:49 AM
I think Trump gets Pence as his VP candidate and has Gingrich in a high level position in his administration. It Trump wins the election. I also believe Trump will have a stellar cabinet full of the very best available that would be willing to serve. JMHO.

Trump is choosing his VP like a businessman chooses someone to fill a vacancy, he is looking for someone that brings the most to the table. I think he chooses his cabinet positions the same way.

badrose
07-14-2016, 11:26 AM

I think so too.