PDA

View Full Version : A simpler time....hilarous Carol Burnett skit

Darrell KSR
06-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Love "The Elephant Story," including the very end and Vicki Lawrence's "outtake."

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

suncat05
06-24-2016, 11:03 AM
There is no one in show business today that can make an audience laugh like that using that kind of material. No one. That kind of comedy is long gone, and to our detriment.

dan_bgblue
06-24-2016, 12:33 PM
I laughed so hard my eyes started leaking. The final line is killer.

Darrell KSR
06-24-2016, 02:48 PM
I laughed so hard my eyes started leaking. The final line is killer.
I lost it, too. Line delivered perfectly in character. What a time.

CitizenBBN
06-24-2016, 03:13 PM
My favorite outtake from one of my fav shows.

Funny, this is the skit I thought of when we got to talking about the Gone with the wind skit on the other thread.

I've always been fascinated by the show, and in a documentary I watched they explained that apparently the way they taped the show they did a walk through, then "the show", but they could cut and paste some between the two. So sometimes when they had what they needed for the show the producers would let Tim do his thing in the 2nd taping, and this is one where they let him go.

I don't know what was more striking, how funny that skit is (I have watched it dozens of times and I still makes me laugh like mad), or that Vickie Lawrence wasn't even 21 when she started playing Momma and I think is still in her early 20s in this skit.

CitizenBBN
06-24-2016, 03:15 PM
There is no one in show business today that can make an audience laugh like that using that kind of material. No one. That kind of comedy is long gone, and to our detriment.

Tim wasn't even a regular until the last few years of the show, but his bits with Harvey Corman are absolutely legendary, and beyond funny.

It was a great show. I remember not really caring about the song and dance parts, it was after all a variety show in the 70s style, but the comedy will live forever. Man it was funny.

dan_bgblue
06-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Just a bit off topic, but Jonathan Winters, Tim Conway, and Robin Williams are three of the funniest men that ever lived in my television

CitizenBBN
06-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Just a bit off topic, but Jonathan Winters, Tim Conway, and Robin Williams are three of the funniest men that ever lived in my television

absolutely 3 of the funniest ever. I loved williams' recorded stuff, I used to be able to recite his "Wow Reality What a Concept" album, could still do most of it.

The final line is great, but my favorite is the line about them being lovers, b/c that's when you know it's officially gone totally off the rails.

CitizenBBN
06-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Since we're on the theme, one of my other very favorites. If you dont' want to sit through the whole thing, jump to the 5 minute mark. It's WAY worth watching, man it's funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5eAjYpcYeg

badrose
06-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Him playing dentist to Harvey Korman (really, anytime they were together) was overthetop good. I remember him on McHale's Navy, another good show.

Darrell KSR
06-25-2016, 07:42 AM
Great skits. My wife and I watched some of them last night. I wasn't expecting to find some of them as funny, but I think they were even funnier now.

kingcat
06-25-2016, 09:43 AM
The funniest man who ever lived here in a tribute to baseball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxhS6wp0MeE

CitizenBBN
06-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Him playing dentist to Harvey Korman (really, anytime they were together) was overthetop good. I remember him on McHale's Navy, another good show.

The dentist is one of my favs as well. That pair was so funny. They took bets on the show not IF he'd bust up Corman but when.

Darrell KSR
06-26-2016, 11:05 PM
Well worth watching. Exhausted from a fun weekend in the sun, lake and adult beverages, but glad I spent the time to watch.
Since we're on the theme, one of my other very favorites. If you dont' want to sit through the whole thing, jump to the 5 minute mark. It's WAY worth watching, man it's funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5eAjYpcYeg