PDA

View Full Version : Justice Dept may not be blind, but is tone deaf

CitizenBBN
06-21-2016, 08:30 PM
So we're supposed to trust this agency to always do the right thing and follow the law and not play politics, and then they decide to release a censored version of a 911 call from the Orlando killer and haven't even agreed to release other calls he made to 911.

yet we're supposed to trust they'll purely follow the law on something like the Clinton investigation. Uh huh. Nothing like obfuscation to make you have confidence in law enforcement. That yellow wet feeling down my back is surely rain.

Catonahottinroof
06-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Don't hold your breath on that. Wikileaks will release the emails. Hopefully the press will cover it...

CitizenBBN
06-21-2016, 09:35 PM
my only hope is that Guccifer 1 and 2 will serve some justice where our political system is obviously incapable.

KeithKSR
06-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Bryan Pagliano invoked the fifth over 125 times when he was deposed earlier today. No way he did that if no laws were broken in regards to the Clinton server and emails.

suncat05
06-22-2016, 02:04 PM
I just hope WikiLeaks & both of these Guccifer guys aren't blowing smoke up somebody's nostrils. I hope they have substantive, informative, and credible evidence of criminal wrongdoing by the former SecState.

Of course, hoping the truth becomes known in anything to do with the federal government and possible illegal/criminal acts seems to be an afterthought to a lot of people these days.

CitizenBBN
06-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Heck fire, they just released emails today, finally when forced by a judge via a Judicial Watch lawsuit, showing they KNEW this thing was being targeted and that the even turned off security features at times.

This was a shoddy operation that wouldn't pass for a decent sized company, much less the highest offices in the nation.

here's a scary thought:

State Department staffers wrestled for weeks in December 2010 over a serious technical problem with then-Secretary Hillary Clinton's home email server, causing them to temporarily disable security features that left the server more vulnerable to hackers, according to emails released Wednesday.
Just weeks later, according to previously disclosed emails, hackers attacked the server, forcing Clinton's staff to shut it down. The next day, one of Clinton's closest aides, Huma Abedin, wrote to other high ranking staff: "Don't email hrc (Clinton) anything sensitive. I can explain more in person."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/22/key-security-features-were-disabled-on-clinton-server-emails-show.html?intcmp=hplnws

Basically they were having a conflict between Exchange server and the antivirus software, and some emails weren't getting through, so they temporarily (as in for days apparently) turned off some of the antivirus features, KNOWING that they were being attacked based on other emails.

We also know from the article that phishing emails with virus attachments WERE getting through the system. We know the security was a problem, which is why government email systems are standalone separate.

It's a travesty that there isn't a whole cellblock full of the people involved in this debacle. Every one of them should be in jail. They all violated their signed agreements to properly care for government information and report all threats to such security.