PDA

View Full Version : Is there any free software that does basic video editing?

Darrell KSR
06-17-2016, 01:59 PM
I've used Windows Movie Maker, but I don't think it has what I need--basically, all I want to do is to take a video clip, maybe 5-7 minutes worth, from 3 or 4 sources. Then piece them together. Before it starts, have a basic title page with some introductory information.

All that I can do with Windows Movie Maker.

What I also want to do is to highlight a player on the film, with an arrow, or a circle, or a "telestrator" kind of thing--maybe "freeze" the video for a few seconds beforehand. You know what I want--the typical recruiting kind of video, usually for a football player, as opposed to a basketball player, because of the size of the field, and the fact the player is smaller on the video.

Anybody know something relatively easy for this? And if not free, the next best thing?

KentuckyWildcat
06-18-2016, 07:25 AM
I've never really used Movie Maker, but you should be able to do all of that. It accepts multiple videos as layers correct? If so, you just need an arrow with a transparent background.

I can make some arrows and circles with transparent backgrounds when I get back home if you need me to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
06-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Not free, but you can bundle Adobe Photoshop and Premier Elements together fairly cheap with an educational email address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk