PDA

View Full Version : Why do I do this? Duplicate calendars

Darrell KSR
06-08-2016, 07:26 AM
At work I use Microsoft Outlook calendar.

At home and in my other office I use Google calendar, which I have used for years.

Both calendars appear on my phone widget app.

I have to use Outlook calendar because my assistant can see it, whereas she cannot see my Google calendar. Or it doesn't mesh well with everything else in the office when she's trying to arrange meetings etc.

I think Google calendar automatically puts some things on the calendar like when I have a reservation or something, which is handy, although probably not critical.

Now, here's my question. I have it set now where when I input an appointment on my phone I do it with Outlook. When I am at the office I do it with Outlook. I can't do it on Outlook from my Surface Pro when I am working at the other office, or at home, but it's not that big a deal since I can do it on my phone.

When I put an appointment on my calendar using Outlook, I automatically use the "invite" others feature, put in my Google email, and it automatically appears on my Google calendar also. I don't have to accept, it just automatically appears.

I've done this for months and months. My calendar that is displayed shows two duplicate appointments for everything.

Why am I doing this?

The only thing I can think of right now is that Google emails me each morning with a list of my appointments and schedule that day. Handy, but not critical.

Should I continue? What will I lose if I stop putting appointments on Google calendar as well?

Darrell KSR
06-08-2016, 07:31 AM
To give you an idea, this is tomorrow morning's calendar.

My assistant is Jennifer. She placed her vacation on her calendar, which automatically goes to my Outlook. She also placed the media meeting on my calendar, along with the other people in the office involved. Neither appears on my Google calendar because I didn't send an invitation.

But the camp thing is one I put on. I sent an invitation to my Gmail, so it appears on both. Most days I have several of those duplicates.