PDA

View Full Version : Sipping anything special tonight?

Darrell KSR
06-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Probably too late for most, but just post Monday night if you have something special for your evening libation... Even if it is sweet tea.

Nothing special, but having a Vanillaphant. It's a porter ale with vanilla made by hometown brewery Avondale Brewing Company, thanks to my son for putting it in the fridge.

PedroDaGr8
06-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Was sipping on some Woodford Reserve Double Oaked earlier. It seems that's a love it or hate it kinda bourbon. For me personally, I love it. Drink it neat, no ice or anything.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
06-05-2016, 10:41 PM
That's what I need, a libation.

And a nap.

I think a libation with tequila. That sounds good. But first I think the nap.

Doc
06-06-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm sitting poolside in Scottsdale AZ, sipping a margarita. Can't get too hammered though as we have to get up at 3:30 am for a 4 hr drive to the grand canyon. We are rafting that tomorrow

Darrell KSR
06-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Unsweetened tea for me.
Usually water, so this is a treat.

blueboss
06-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Not sipping anything this early, but I am munching on a hunk of crisp, sweet and juicy watermelon that I got down in Bamy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
06-07-2016, 09:32 AM
A small glass of chocolate milk for me at night...Yeah, my taste in beverages never really evolved past childhood....

MickintheHam
06-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Probably too late for most, but just post Monday night if you have something special for your evening libation... Even if it is sweet tea.

Nothing special, but having a Vanillaphant. It's a porter ale with vanilla made by hometown brewery Avondale Brewing Company, thanks to my son for putting it in the fridge.

Oh, I love Avondale Brewery. And Vanillaphant is my #1 choice. They also have a Scottish Ale that is pretty nice but they are not putting it in cans or bottles. I generally stop by Avondale Brewery once a week, mostly meeting one of my Kentucky buddies there. It's nice to head to the beer garden out back and sit in the shade talking Kentucky football and bball.

For all of you who pass through Birmingham on your way to the world's best beaches on the Redneck Riveria, a stop on 41st St. South in Avondale is well worth the time spent there. You can grab a pizza at Post Office Pies (rated one of the 10 best pizzas in America) or grab a pork and greens bbq plate at Saw's and take the food to the beer garden in back of the brewery. You can have as pleasant a time as you can imagine. If you are lucky there may be a band playing on stage. And if you have fido in the car with you, don't worry. He'll be welcome to sit with you!

The brewery is an old turn of the century fire house and has a lot of character and charm. It's nice just sitting in the bar with one of their great brews.

BigBluePappy
06-07-2016, 07:48 PM
"world's best beaches on the Redneck Riveria"

My beloved LA...
To the original question, ever since the type II kicked in to high gear, it is pretty much ice cold water. I will enjoy the occasional soda (Coke Zero, Fresca, Tab, Mello Yello Zero, Sprite Zero, Cherry Coke Zero) instead of the old favorite RC. I will still sneak a sip to keep from craving them, but overall I don't miss the sodas as much as I thought I would. Got through mowing the grass and I didn't want a cold beer, I wanted a cold glass of ice water.
Gosh it is heck getting older...