PDA

View Full Version : Warming to Trump in this respect

CitizenBBN
05-31-2016, 08:30 PM
He's right to call the political media completely dishonest and sleazebags.

They're questioning his donations to veterans like a bunch of pitbulls, while Hillary has the most questionable finances in national election history and they wont' even ask her about it, much less dig in and go after her. They've stuck on the email thing but not very hard in most cases, and that's tough to avoid bc there are actual criminal investigations ongoing.

This thing with Trump sounds pretty much on the up and up, but no doubt they'll find some more questionable business deals out there. But that's one thing I don't care about one bit.

I still have issues with him no doubt, but I've long called for us to elect people with actual business experience, and no way do we get Presidential candidates that aren't very big time and have had some gray area deals here and there, that's just part of it. The alternative, career politicians who are just as gray or worse, is far worse. Trump et al are only fighting over the pie between businessmen, these politicians like Hillary are literally selling out the country.

Seriously shouldn't she face the question of the $500,000 payment to Bill from a company trying to get her approval for Russian ownership of US uranium reserves in every single press conference? How about they demand she release transcripts of her speeches to corporate America the same way they wanted Trump to release his donations?

i have to agree with him on this one. he's only getting hit on b/c he's the GOP candidate, while Hillary gets pass after pass on far more serious similar issues.

dan_bgblue
05-31-2016, 09:22 PM
I do really like the fact that he is willing to stand in front of the cameras and the reporters and call a pig a pig instead of a cute hairy porcine animal. That is a really rare action for a person seeking public office

CitizenBBN
05-31-2016, 09:52 PM
I do really like the fact that he is willing to stand in front of the cameras and the reporters and call a pig a pig instead of a cute hairy porcine animal. That is a really rare action for a person seeking public office

He's over the top in too many ways IMO, but not this one. I'm 100% fine with him saying exactly what he thinks about the media and the insane level of bias they show.

it's a joke that they demand full release of donations just to see if he's honest about them while Hillary and Bill have 100s of millions in funds from all kinds of suspect donors and supporters, and millions upon millions more doled out to other cronies and supporters, and there's barely a word about it.

Here's an example: how many of you knew that during Hillary's entire term as Sec of State there was no permanent Investigator General, but rather just a temporary one with close political ties, and that it was the only IG's office that went unfilled with a permanent appointee during that time? He came in just before Hillary, and then 5 months after she left Obama nominated a permanent IG who was then approved by Congress.

But during her term only her office managed to avoid having an IG who was approved by Congress, and it matched up neatly with just her tenure.

Not a felony, but I didn't know that till recently. Not saying it's earth shattering news, but why isn't the media asking, esp. in light of the new IG report saying that she didn't get permission for what she did, etc., why during her whole tenure the Administration never got around to appointing an IG like they did with every other agency?

Did you know that IG was appointed an Ambassador by Bill Clinton during his term, to some comfy island paradise or some such? You get those appointments by being a cushy crony of the Administration folks, and he was then named IG for Hillary's term as Sec of State.

Where are those hard hitting questions mainstream media hacks?

Doc
06-01-2016, 06:51 AM
Call me naive but I have no idea what the OP is referring to concerning Trump and veterans. I was out of the loop for the weekend

CitizenBBN
06-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Call me naive but I have no idea what the OP is referring to concerning Trump and veterans. I was out of the loop for the weekend

He did an event months ago where the proceeds were to go to vets. He said they raised nearly $6 million but the media has been on him to release the details and prove it b/c some claimed they didn't get the money.

The first thing to know is that in fundraising what you get in pledges and what you actually get are nearly always two different numbers. You still have to collect money, and not all of it gets collected. So even if the numbers are off some that's typical.

But Trump didn't want to release the details of what went to whom. He's done that now and yes more than $5 million did go, and he donated $1million of his own money as well, and also didn't charge any administrative costs for the process.

some of it was sent a while ago, some was sent since this stirred up again, so make whatever one will of the timing, but I do know that in these things that sometimes there's quite a bit of lag time in the process. I've worked with a few charities that have that challenge.

My issue is that they've locked in on this and questioned him on it again and again, and run big stories on it, but the mountain of questionable financial dealings for an elected official go untouched. In the end unless trump raised the money and put it in his pocket he did nothing that comes close to rising to the things Hillary has done with her massive bribe taking and other activities.

Just be fair and question all the candidates the same on the same things, that's all I ask.

Doc
06-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Just be fair and question all the candidates the same on the same things, that's all I ask.

I agree. Ask him whatever but hold her to the same level.

UKHistory
06-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Questioning Trump is easy on this one while Clinton's dealings are so nuanced, shrouded in grey that is harder to ask specific questions.

But the foundation dealings coupled with email scandal make Secretary Clinton unfit to be president.

KeithKSR
06-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Questioning Trump is easy on this one while Clinton's dealings are so nuanced, shrouded in grey that is harder to ask specific questions.

But the foundation dealings coupled with email scandal make Secretary Clinton unfit to be president.

It is pretty easy to ask specific questions of Hillary, the MSM chooses not to ask.