PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective on Hillary's $21 million in bribes

CitizenBBN
05-29-2016, 12:59 PM
And yes they are bribes, whether Democrat or Republican, Senator or Secretary.

And the sheer size and scope of hers shows that to be more the case than ever. She took about $21 million in speaking fees to big corporations and corporate lobby groups in just about 2 years.

I don't listen to Rush but he was on when I got in the car today and I listened b/c he was on this topic and I think it's a hugely important issue that highlights her unfitness for office and the broader problems with our nation in general, where corruption has put us on the brink of losing the Great Experiment.

Anyway, she gets a standard $250,000 for a speech that's 20-30 minutes. That's it, a short speech, $250K in the bank.

For perspective apparently a corporation can get someone like Arnold Palmer for a full day including hanging out, playing golf, telling stories, the whole day with the top guy in the game for just $150,000.

So if you're a corporation putting together an event, are you going to pay Hillary $250K for a 20 minute speech versus $150K for a day of Arnold Palmer's time b/c you think she's so much more interesting and insightful and will be more appealing to your employees?

really? Of course not. Those payments are what ALL of these speaking fees are, ways to pay off people in power and skirt the laws that would prevent just writing them a check. So this absurd facade of "speaking fees" arises after the PAC reforms of the 70s, and continues unabated.

It even works for logrolling, where the senior Senator may need a vote from a junior member, and he turns down a speaking engagement but "recommends" his junior Senator. that becomes a political chip he can then cash in. This is how both parties influence the rank and file and esp. how they get the junior members in line, doling out access and money through the web of lobbyists and influence peddlers.

BTW, that doesn't count the $20+ million her husband got, including a LOT of that from foreign interests (like a $500K fee from the Russian company trying to buy US uranium mining rights with the deal in front of his wife for approval), nor the much larger amount "donated" to their slush fund foundation.

That same foundation has been giving out money to numerous political allies and friends over the years, millions upon millions that they use to shore up their power and influence.

It's beyond dirty. Also by contrast, when Reagan took a couple of million after he was out of office the media went up in arms about it and how it had the appearance of a payoff. The Clintons are taking in 100x that amount while still in office and the media aren't saying a word.

KeithKSR
05-29-2016, 02:43 PM
The Clintons represent corruption at its worst.

Darrell KSR
05-29-2016, 02:44 PM
The Clintons represent corruption at its worst.
I don't know. I kinda think they are the best at being corrupt I've seen ;).

CitizenBBN
05-29-2016, 02:56 PM

I've never seen anything like it. Most Senators and such when they retire will often have amassed $4-5 million in fees and campaign monies they can keep for themselves. A tidy nest egg no doubt, but nothing like the $40+ million the Clintons amassed in just a couple of years, plus a BILLION in foundation money they can then grant to friends and patrons and use to receive all sorts of kickbacks.

it's unreal. No one else has ever been in anything like this neighborhood, from either side of the aisle.

Doc
05-29-2016, 05:26 PM

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/P-qDeIwtnRA/0.jpg

Doc
05-29-2016, 05:28 PM
I've never seen anything like it. Most Senators and such when they retire will often have amassed $4-5 million in fees and campaign monies they can keep for themselves. A tidy nest egg no doubt, but nothing like the $40+ million the Clintons amassed in just a couple of years, plus a BILLION in foundation money they can then grant to friends and patrons and use to receive all sorts of kickbacks.

it's unreal. No one else has ever been in anything like this neighborhood, from either side of the aisle.

Its amazing they went from "flat broke" when they left the white house, huh?

CitizenBBN
05-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Its amazing they went from "flat broke" when they left the white house, huh?

Well we know she knows a lot about cattle futures. ;)

She also got a $5 mil advance on her book. when Gingrich got something like $4 mil on a book advance the media went bat crap crazy and they called for his head, when Hillary got more than 5 times that amount over 2 years they said nary a word.

Most Presidents get a nice parachute from supporters and contributors. They got the house in new York, Reagan got a house in Bel Air, etc. That's not great but I'm OK with it overall. But what they've done goes so far beyond the pale it's criminal.

FWIW Gingrich was brought down by having claimed one class he taught was tax exempt and they later ruled it was political in nature and not exempt. The violations of the Clinton Foundation are multiply larger and apparently there's going to be no call to do a thing about it.

The Left controls far too much of the media for this to ever be cleaned up. The role of the press is to hold everyone accountable for these mis-deeds, but they turn a blind eye to those they support politically, and those who haven't done enough to get their ire yet (like most in Congress on both sides).

dan_bgblue
05-29-2016, 08:26 PM
The Clintons and UNC-CH have a lot in common

dan_bgblue
06-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Where did some of the money come from and why do liberals remain silent about it's source? (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/17/rights-groups-silent-as-clinton-foundation-takes-millions-from-countries-that-imprison-gays.html?intcmp=hplnws)

dan_bgblue
07-21-2016, 10:19 AM
Who writes the checks for Bill and Hill's speaking engagements? (http://freebeacon.com/issues/mystery-surrounds-sources-many-bill-clinton-speaking-fees/)

KeithKSR
07-21-2016, 10:50 AM
The Clintons represent everything that is wrong with the system.

bigsky
07-21-2016, 11:07 AM
The Clintons represent everything that is wrong with the system. They are despicable and she should be on trial.

CitizenBBN
07-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Notice how much coverage Trump's wife's speech got versus Clinton taking in millions from hidden sources that they lie to hide and it gets no mention at all?

KeithKSR
07-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Notice how much coverage Trump's wife's speech got versus Clinton taking in millions from hidden sources that they lie to hide and it gets no mention at all?

If Hillary had been indicted many in the liberal main stream media would still support her.

Darrell KSR
07-21-2016, 03:08 PM
She took about $21 million in speaking fees to big corporations and corporate lobby groups in just about 2 years.

I had to go to the bathroom and hurl when I read that. Well, almost.

What a time to be living in America.

CitizenBBN
07-21-2016, 04:56 PM
I had to go to the bathroom and hurl when I read that. Well, almost.

What a time to be living in America.

That doesn't count her husband, who took even more and much of it was from foreign nations and businesses.

That doesn't count how much of his money and Foundation money had the source intentionally not reported or falsely reported. Many tens of millions so far that we know about.

They are every bit as corrupt as the great legends of political corruption like Tammany Hall. It's unreal it exists in modern America in such a brazen and massive way and nothing is done. Compared to things that brought down Jim Wright or Gingrich as Speaker or others it's just unreal.

KeithKSR
07-21-2016, 08:01 PM
That doesn't count her husband, who took even more and much of it was from foreign nations and businesses.

That doesn't count how much of his money and Foundation money had the source intentionally not reported or falsely reported. Many tens of millions so far that we know about.

They are every bit as corrupt as the great legends of political corruption like Tammany Hall. It's unreal it exists in modern America in such a brazen and massive way and nothing is done. Compared to things that brought down Jim Wright or Gingrich as Speaker or others it's just unreal.

it's unreal what the MSM is willing to overlook to get her elected.

CitizenBBN
07-21-2016, 09:47 PM
it's unreal what the MSM is willing to overlook to get her elected.

Can you imagine if a Republican took millions in donations and speaking fees, improperly filed their IRS returns failing to report the donations and also hiding the actual source of the money. The networks would cancel their regular programs for continual 24/7 reporting on the subject. The firestorm would be unreal.

The bias is beyond shocking at this point, esp. with their willingness to overlook that the Clinton's are outright criminals corrupt on a scale we've never seen.

Did Cheney have ties to companies that benefitted from contracts? Yes, probably so, and we've long seen Senators and Congressmen and Generals retire to get cushy Directorships when they retire, and Congressional staffers have long gotten hired by lobby firms, etc. and so on. It's long been a gravy train of small time and even medium time favor peddling and log rolling, but we've seen nothing on the scale of what the Clintons have done. Nothing. And nothing nearly so brash either.

jazyd
07-21-2016, 11:41 PM
I strongly dislike and distrust Hillary along with Obama.

I don't listen to Hannity nor particularly like him but listened some today because I wanted to hear about last night

He had several different people on with a kinda panel discussion. He pointed out her lies, he had the sound bites of Gowdy asking pointed questions to Comey and Comey admitting Hillsry lied. The democrat man was asked if Hillary was a liar after Hannity played these sound bites. His answer was no she didn't lie and it was reublican propaganda

That is what is wrong with voters, many are totally blind and will not accept facts. When you have voters like that, voters who pay nothing in but take billions in handouts who could work...which takes away from those who truly need help...illegals that are allowed to vote by liberal states, and voters who refuse to vote and give away the Supreme Court, that is a voting bloc that is hard to defeat

Throw in a media that is liberal that won't tell the truth, that makes up lies, voters who refuse to do research on their own, ploticians who know they can be corrupt w/o consequences because they control the media and big business, we have ax Trump said, a corrupt system.

We the voters must take our country back

ukblue
07-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Clintons have taken payoffs to a art form. She claims to champion women's rights but takes donations, we'll call it that, from Muslim countries that refuse to let their women attend schools, drive vehicles or vote. They're all brood mares. They take credit for stabilizing the economy in Haiti but the hourly rate of pay is something like.31 cents per hour. Hilliarys brother got a huge cell phone contact that gave him a monopoly. Good times.

KeithKSR
07-22-2016, 01:09 AM
Can you imagine if a Republican took millions in donations and speaking fees, improperly filed their IRS returns failing to report the donations and also hiding the actual source of the money. The networks would cancel their regular programs for continual 24/7 reporting on the subject. The firestorm would be unreal.

The bias is beyond shocking at this point, esp. with their willingness to overlook that the Clinton's are outright criminals corrupt on a scale we've never seen.

Did Cheney have ties to companies that benefitted from contracts? Yes, probably so, and we've long seen Senators and Congressmen and Generals retire to get cushy Directorships when they retire, and Congressional staffers have long gotten hired by lobby firms, etc. and so on. It's long been a gravy train of small time and even medium time favor peddling and log rolling, but we've seen nothing on the scale of what the Clintons have done. Nothing. And nothing nearly so brash either.

What about the illegal sale of arms to Lybian rebels to overthrow Qaddafi? I remember the Iran-Contra hearings, but not a peep on Hillary's foray into arms dealing.