PDA

View Full Version : How often do you visit a "public" restroom?

Darrell KSR
05-23-2016, 12:37 PM
For me, it depends (pun defintely NOT intended).

a) Am I including my office restroom as a "public" restroom? If it is, then it may be several times in a day.

b) If I am including non-workplace restrooms only, and assuming I'm not traveling, then it's pretty uncommon, I guess. But it's becoming more common, as I am drinking more water, and I currently on a Slim-Fast breakfast and lunch diet, and taking in more liquids means I am needing to get rid of them, too.

I saw badrose's thread on the Barber Shop, and it just made me wonder how often people really do use public restrooms. I'm thinking back to last week, what I did, what stores I visited, when I was out, when I traveled, etc., and I am going to post a poll and see if anyone has any interest in our restroom usage!

dan_bgblue
05-23-2016, 12:56 PM
It depends. I work from home and am in my home office about 1/2 of each month. The other half I am on the road and frequently use public facilities during that time. Otherwise, not much, but there are occasions when I am out to eat, or attending a sporting event or taking in a movie that the public facilities are in necessary. So on average I voted 1 to 2 times per week

KSRBEvans
05-23-2016, 12:57 PM
I included my office restroom because it's open to the public, so I voted daily. Otherwise, 1-2 times/week.

Darrell KSR
05-23-2016, 01:36 PM
I struggled with the definition myself.

Ultimately, our restroom is in a common hallway, not only for our little office, but for others, too. So really, mine is about as public as any. It ain't Walmart, but it is public.

I included my office restroom because it's open to the public, so I voted daily. Otherwise, 1-2 times/week.

CitizenBBN
05-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Same as you guys. If you count my office bathroom then every day, but otherwise not very often. Just when I'm on the road, stop in a fast food place for a bathroom break and food/drink.

in my other office I had a private bathroom. I will someday in the new gallery I hope, but I'll have to build it and so far no one will do it for free.

Doc
05-23-2016, 09:09 PM
As I stated on "Barber Shop", for me its THREE TIMES in 35 years, and I'm talking about "having a sit down" type of visit. To me, peeing doesn't count. Hell, I can barely make it from home to work without needing to pee as I'm on some meds that make me pee often. plus 3 cups of coffee in before 8:00 doesn't help. If peeing counts then I'm 4 times a day, minimum

BigBluePappy
05-24-2016, 05:52 AM
I am on high Blood Pressure medication and I work in an office full of folks, so it is at least daily for minor transactions and the occasional major deposit does take place.
FWIW, I had to go in one of the ladies rooms to turn off a water valve in an emergency and Oh. My. Goodness.
Seems the women folk can be just like, or worse than the men...

badrose
05-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Counting work, daily. Otherwise, maybe once a month.

KentuckyWildcat
05-24-2016, 10:47 AM
At least daily. We have public restrooms at work. Normally use a public one at lunch. On Saturday we normally go do something that involves a public. And church at a minimum on Sunday.

I can't say I enjoy using a public restroom this much, but it is life...

Now, I will go my best to enjoy #2 at my own house, but sometimes "it" happens :)