PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to Costa Rica?

Doc
05-21-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm headed Costa Rica in late August and am trying to get some info. Anybody been there during that time? I know it early wet season and that isn't ideal, but better then mid wet season. We are going to the Arenal region and staying up by the Volcano after flying into San Jose. My plan is to rent a car and drive the 45 miles. Is this reasonalbe? Reading the net, I get mixed results. The place I've booked is up by La Fortuna so I hope the roads don't suck too bad. My wife thinks we are going to Amelia Island (LOL). I'm not telling her til we get on the plane. Odd are she won't catch on till we get to the airport (Amelia Island is a drive north, we fly out of Fort Lauderdale which is south of us). Anywho, anybody been to that area and have any suggestions on what to do? We will be there for 3 days (Wed thru Sun)

blueboss
05-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Not yet, but Amelia Island is one of our favorite haunts.

In regards to Costa Rica an old high school friend and I have been talking about putting together a compound for our retirement days. They've been researching opportunities, I'll check with them on any insights they might be able to pass along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk