PDA

View Full Version : Morley Safer

kingcat
05-19-2016, 06:54 PM
dead at 84, a week after retiring

RIP. I liked that man and his work.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/05/19/cbs-icon-morley-safer-dead-age-84/84592038/

Doc
05-19-2016, 06:57 PM
link (http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/19/media/morley-safer-death/)

StuBleedsBlue2
05-26-2016, 11:18 PM
My wife grew up in a family that worked as domestic relations lawyers, and found herself immersed in the same industry. She used to talk about their inability to pull themselves away from their work and dying at their desks. Thankfully, I persuaded her to get out of that career.

I couldn't help think about that when I watched the Morley Safer retirement special on 60 minutes and he was dead just days later.

Although I liken this more to another analogy, when a couple has been together for 50-60 years and one passes, then the other one passes shortly after. Maybe that's romanticizing the work he did. Maybe he was like those lawyers that couldn't pull themselves away from their work.

RIP Morley. I certainly enjoyed what he brought to us.

CitizenBBN
05-26-2016, 11:21 PM
You have to have a reason to get up every day. Stop having one and it's usually a quick trip downhill. Doesn't have to be work, but there has to be a reason.

Personally I'm hoping to win the lottery and quit working and my reason to get up will be to drink at bars and have sex with pretty girls. It's kept Hef alive, should work for me too.

StuBleedsBlue2
05-26-2016, 11:45 PM
You have to have a reason to get up every day. Stop having one and it's usually a quick trip downhill. Doesn't have to be work, but there has to be a reason.

Personally I'm hoping to win the lottery and quit working and my reason to get up will be to drink at bars and have sex with pretty girls. It's kept Hef alive, should work for me too.

:)

Let's wait until Hef dies until we find out that real truth.

Can't say that I'm not on the same plan, though. I'll take all of those risks and die with the biggest smile on my face.