PDA

View Full Version : I helped a Duke fan today!

suncat05
05-06-2016, 09:44 AM
A man and a woman come into the Courthouse this morning and asked for directions to the Clerk of Courts Office. I gave them the directions, and a few minutes later they come back to me and ask me if I am a Deputy Sheriff. Obviously I am on duty and wearing my uniform, so I asked him how I could help him. He had received a citation for a minor equipment violation, had the equipment repaired and needed a signature from a LEO verifying that. It helped reduce the amount of the citation substantially.
He was wearing a black Duke ball cap, so I asked him if he was attending or had attended Duke. He told me that he had actually just graduated from Florida State and was moving to Durham to start working as a nurse in the medical center there.
We started talking basketball, and when I told him that I'm a Kentucky fan, he was actually very nice and very complimentary. Said that Kentucky definitely knows a thing or two about basketball and that we have the best coach in the business.
This is the first Duke fan I have ever met that wasn't arrogant. Nice folks.

blueboss
05-06-2016, 11:02 AM
A couple of years in Durham ought to be long enough to knock the nice out of them.

Next time you see him he'll try to trip you walking down the hall way, and then do some floor slapp'n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suncat05
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM
LOL! Rest assured, I am not Aminu Timberlake.

Doc
05-06-2016, 03:39 PM
A man and a woman come into the Courthouse this morning and asked for directions to the Clerk of Courts Office. I gave them the directions, and a few minutes later they come back to me and ask me if I am a Deputy Sheriff. Obviously I am on duty and wearing my uniform, so I asked him how I could help him. He had received a citation for a minor equipment violation, had the equipment repaired and needed a signature from a LEO verifying that. It helped reduce the amount of the citation substantially.
He was wearing a black Duke ball cap, so I asked him if he was attending or had attended Duke. He told me that he had actually just graduated from Florida State and was moving to Durham to start working as a nurse in the medical center there.
We started talking basketball, and when I told him that I'm a Kentucky fan, he was actually very nice and very complimentary. Said that Kentucky definitely knows a thing or two about basketball and that we have the best coach in the business.
This is the first Duke fan I have ever met that wasn't arrogant. Nice folks.

Obviously Duke fans. The uniform and patch that said "Deputy Sheriff" wasn't eneough for them. They still had to ask?

MickintheHam
05-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Oh, I was hoping this was a thread about assisted suicide.

suncat05
05-07-2016, 09:55 AM

LOL! :unworthy:..........Well played, Mick, well played! :sHa_dielaughing:

CitizenBBN
05-07-2016, 01:08 PM

WOW. That was dark, and REALLY funny. An actual LOL. :)

They were nice b/c he's not a Duke fan YET. he is going to work there, but otherwise has no ties. As was said when he comes back in a couple of years it'll be different.