PDA

View Full Version : Paying for obamacare

dan_bgblue
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/15/florida-restaurateur-to-impose-surcharge-for-obamacare/

Just another way to collect a tax

cattails
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Having known this was coming for some time, this is the truth “I have a choice: try to live within the rules, or go out of business.”

This my friend is total BS, if an idiot like me can figure it out......well you get my point. In a statement to FoxNews.com, the National Restaurant Association said it’s “premature” to assess precisely how the health care law will affect individual businesses.

This will shut down a lot of jobs, stay tuned.

jazyd
11-15-2012, 10:29 PM
a friend of mine says Obams is doing this to create more jobs. This way. Your company has 50 employees so you cut all of them back to 29.5 hours instead of the 40 they were getting, so each of the 50 goes out and gets another part time job to supplement their income.
Obama says he has created 50 new jobs.

This thing is going to be a mess, people will lose jobs, get cut back and we will see some of our very best doctors over 55 yrs old just quit then we will have a health care crisis.

Having known this was coming for some time, this is the truth “I have a choice: try to live within the rules, or go out of business.”

This my friend is total BS, if an idiot like me can figure it out......well you get my point. In a statement to FoxNews.com, the National Restaurant Association said it’s “premature” to assess precisely how the health care law will affect individual businesses.

This will shut down a lot of jobs, stay tuned.

cattails
11-16-2012, 08:04 AM
a friend of mine says Obams is doing this to create more jobs. This way. Your company has 50 employees so you cut all of them back to 29.5 hours instead of the 40 they were getting, so each of the 50 goes out and gets another part time job to supplement their income.
Obama says he has created 50 new jobs.

This thing is going to be a mess, people will lose jobs, get cut back and we will see some of our very best doctors over 55 yrs old just quit then we will have a health care crisis.

Well Skipper that is about spot on, I think your 55 is a little old though, I say 50 and down if they can. And don't expect a flood of new doctors, students IMO will change majors. This is one big mess. Changing my name to Carlos, this should work out well for me, need to learn spanish though.

Doc
11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes, its a way to artificially raise the employment figure. Eventually folks will wise up when they see their paychecks dwindle then are hit with the $2,000 dollar tax...oh wait, they won't be hit with the tax because it won't apply to lower income folks. Of course they still will need to buy expensive gas and all the other things that will cost more because businesses will charge more since they are being taxed more. Its common sense. If a business has an expense, they will pass it on. To think otherwise it stupid.

cattails
11-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Yes, its a way to artificially raise the employment figure. Eventually folks will wise up when they see their paychecks dwindle then are hit with the $2,000 dollar tax...oh wait, they won't be hit with the tax because it won't apply to lower income folks. Of course they still will need to buy expensive gas and all the other things that will cost more because businesses will charge more since they are being taxed more. Its common sense. If a business has an expense, they will pass it on. To think otherwise it stupid.

Excellent post there Doc, you must have both eyes open.

Doc
11-18-2012, 12:09 PM
The general goal of any business is to make money. If the federal gov't mandates that any business with over 50 full time employees must provide insurance then most companies are going to make sure they either don't have 50 employees or if they do then they will make sure they are not "full time" employees. If I as a business owner can pay less in benefits by hiring 100 people at 20 hrs per week vs 50 people at 40 hrs, I'm going that route because at best with the full time employees it's going to cost me 2,000/employee if I don't offer them insurance--some call it a fine, others call it a tax. That is $100,000. Does anybody who isn't an elected official, anybody with even a smidgen of business sense believe that a company who has a goal to make money is going to piss away 100,000?

Of course crunching the numbers, there are now 100 people employed PART TIME but they are employed compared to 50 people full time. This will be reported as creating 50 jobs and its why employment numbers are a joke.

bigsky
11-18-2012, 01:12 PM
That 2% payroll tax increase (or reduction expiration)starts with the first dollar made, Doc. So people making 20K will pay the greatest wealth transfer from have nots to haves, Social Security.

dan_bgblue
12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Taxes about to take effect. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/08/deal-or-no-deal-obamacare-taxes-poised-to-hit-next-month/)

Meanwhile, the health insurance industry is already raising alarm about an ObamaCare tax on health insurers taking effect in 2014. America’s Health Insurance Plans says that cost will be passed onto the consumer, leading to another $2,000 in premium costs over the next decade for the average individual purchaser.

dan_bgblue
12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Those pesky hidden fees/taxes (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/10/new-insurance-fee-in-health-overhaul-law-likely-to-hit-consumers/)

jazyd
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Wait, I thought the insurance industry was for this because it was going to bring so manynew customers to them. Well screw them for thinking Obama would take care of them.

Taxes about to take effect. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/08/deal-or-no-deal-obamacare-taxes-poised-to-hit-next-month/)

Meanwhile, the health insurance industry is already raising alarm about an ObamaCare tax on health insurers taking effect in 2014. America’s Health Insurance Plans says that cost will be passed onto the consumer, leading to another $2,000 in premium costs over the next decade for the average individual purchaser.