PDA

View Full Version : 180 million dead rats

blueboss
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
http://news.msn.com/world/rat-kill-in-galapagos-islands-targets-180-million

Sounds like a good start

blue2ksr
11-14-2012, 08:44 PM
They could use that service in New York City!

CitizenBBN
11-15-2012, 02:18 AM

While I love the thought, the more politically acceptable solution would be to boot the UN out, not actually poison them.

Darrell KSR
11-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Poison contains a coagulant that makes rats dry up and disintegrate without a stench ion 8 days? That stuff is really cool.

blueboss
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM

New York used a much more radical method for killing rats, hurricane Sandy.

CitizenBBN
11-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Beat's Chicago's solution where they released coyotes into the city. Everyone in their right mind is shooting them where they stand, Chicago is breeding them to get rid of rats. I'm not kidding btw, they did this.

dan_bgblue
11-16-2012, 04:05 PM
No wonder Chicago wants to disarm the citizens, they paid good money for those Coyotes.

CitizenBBN
11-16-2012, 04:15 PM
No wonder Chicago wants to disarm the citizens, they paid good money for those Coyotes.

They have the world's largest urban coyote study going on. They allow them to breed, collar and GPS track a bunch of them.

I like coyotes as animals. They're pretty, smart, resourceful. They're also a real danger to the endogenous population and have to be controlled.

KSRdallen
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
lol! Now THAT is funny!

While I love the thought, the more politically acceptable solution would be to boot the UN out, not actually poison them.

suncat05
11-16-2012, 05:06 PM
They have the world's largest urban coyote study going on. They allow them to breed, collar and GPS track a bunch of them.

I like coyotes as animals. They're pretty, smart, resourceful. They're also a real danger to the endogenous population and have to be controlled.

As animals, and as members of the dog family, I respect them. However, here where I live, they are a nuisance and a danger to small indigenious animals and local pets, and more importantly, livestock on local farms/ranches.
Whenever I see one, I do my best to shoot and kill it. Period. Yes, they are beautiful animals, but when they overpopulate an area and start killing off animals that are far more valuable to our ecology and the financial livelihoods of the local famers/ranchers, they have to go. A 55 grain 5.56 mm hollowpoint works wonders on them!

CitizenBBN
11-16-2012, 05:34 PM
As animals, and as members of the dog family, I respect them. However, here where I live, they are a niusance and a danger to small indigenious animals and local pets, and more importantly, livestock on local farms/ranches.
Whenever I see one, I do my best to shoot and kill it. Period. Yes, they are beautiful animals, but when they overpopulate an area and start killing off animals that are far more valuable to our ecology and the financial livelihoods of the local famers/ranchers, they have to go. A 55 grain 5.56 mm hollowpoint works wonders on them!

Agree 100%. Their populations have exploded and they can really damage natural habitat and for sure livestock. Shoot every one you see, b/c there are 10 you don't.

FWIW the Chicago study people claim it's rare any of them attack pets. Apparently they're very discriminating in Chicago and know the difference between a large rat and a small dog or cat. I imagine they morally object to pate as well. lol.

I guess a bunch of urbanites who have no clue about coyotes or animals in general buy the story that an animal that specifically hunts small animals can distinguish between domesticated and wild animals.

dan_bgblue
11-16-2012, 05:50 PM
lol! Now THAT is funny!

He was being serious.:sSW_darthvader:

KSRdallen
11-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Yep . . . which makes it funny!

He was being serious.:sSW_darthvader:

suncat05
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Agree 100%. Their populations have exploded and they can really damage natural habitat and for sure livestock. Shoot every one you see, b/c there are 10 you don't.

FWIW the Chicago study people claim it's rare any of them attack pets. Apparently they're very discriminating in Chicago and know the difference between a large rat and a small dog or cat. I imagine they morally object to pate as well. lol.

I guess a bunch of urbanites who have no clue about coyotes or animals in general buy the story that an animal that specifically hunts small animals can distinguish between domesticated and wild animals.

A "politically correct" coyote? Who'da thunk it, huh? Especially coming out of Chicago....... :533: