PDA

View Full Version : Military Absentee Ballots Delivered One Day Late

cattails
11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Gets more sick all the time. :banghead:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/#ixzz2C1xOUsWX

Military Absentee Ballots Delivered One Day Late, Would Have Swung Election For Romney

by drew on November 7, 2012 · 573 comments

WASHINGTON, DC – Sources confirmed today that hundreds of thousands of military absentee ballots were delivered hours after the deadline for them to be counted, with preliminary counts showing that they would have overturned the vote in several states and brought a victory for Governor Mitt Romney.

Officials say the ballots were delivered late due to problems within the military mail system. Tracking invoices show the ballots sat in a warehouse for a month, then they were accidentally labeled as ammunition and shipped to Afghanistan. At Camp Dwyer, Marine Sergeant John Davis signed for them and was surprised at the contents.

“I told Gunny we got a bunch of ballots instead of ammo,” Davis told investigators earlier today. “He told me to file a report of improper delivery and that the chain of command would take care of it. We didn’t hear anything for three weeks. While we were waiting we came under fire so we dumped a bunch of them in the Hescoes. We didn’t dig those ones back out.”

After military officials realized the initial error, the ballots were then sent back to the U.S. but suffered a series of setbacks.

Twelve boxes of ballots were dropped overboard during delivery to the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3) in the Persian Gulf, then while the ship sailed to Bahrain, postal clerks allegedly pocketed whatever ballots they wanted.

The remaining absentee ballots were loaded onto a C-130, but the flight was delayed until November 1st so the crew could get tax free pay for the month. Once the ballots arrived stateside they were promptly mailed to each state’s counting facility, reaching their final destination on November 7th.

“It’s a shame,” Rear Admiral John Dawes said when asked for comment. “I expected a delay so I ordered that everyone cast their votes eight months ago. It’s really unfortunate that our mail system failed us and directly affected the course of history.”

Upon hearing the news, angry Republicans have begun a demand for a recount, but most military absentee voters have shrugged off the news, with many wondering whether the care packages their families sent six months ago were ever going to show up.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/#ixzz2CEPj6qyI
Follow us: @theduffelblog on Twitter | duffelblog on Facebook

jazyd
11-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I promise you it was no accident they were late and dumped overboard or into the garbage. And for the Admiral to say 'it was a shame' is ridiculous,

cattails
11-14-2012, 11:00 PM
I promise you it was no accident they were late and dumped overboard or into the garbage. And for the Admiral to say 'it was a shame' is ridiculous,

Sad isn't it

jazyd
11-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Carl, I don't think sad covers it, although I am sad for the country I used to know and grew up in, I think it is mainly gone.

What this was is another example of the democrats hating the military, what they stand for and using a way to steal another election, they are good at it, especially those from Chicago. This was no accident, they tried something similiar in the Gore/Bush election trying to keep their votes from counting because of when they arrived, I guess this time they made sure they wouldn't arrive in a very close election.

Sad isn't it

suncat05
11-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Well jazy, look who the CinC is, and where he comes from, what he stands for(or more importantly, what he hates about America, which is EVERYTHING!)and that pretty much sums up the whole of his body of politic work.
He was not kidding when he said 4 years ago that he & his crew were going to "fundamentally change" America. So far they're right on point, because of their idiotic policies and because of the morons that voted for him and his damn "change".
He DOES NOT respect or care for our military, our law enforcement(does the beer bash in the Rose Garden ring a bell?), our firefighters or our paramedics/emt's.
I wish I could say EXACTLY how I feel about this individual, but that is neither here nor there now since he has been re-elected and can now finish destroying America from within.