PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pappy, were you serious about the potato peelings?

dan_bgblue
03-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Just curious, and if true, I may be able to help

BigBluePappy
03-31-2016, 04:44 AM
No, was just me being a little tongue in cheek about having to peel 10# of spuds for Easter Dinner on Sunday.
Wasn't kidding about gapping Grammy's front yard while edging and watching the game on my phone, though. But like a bad haircut, wait a week or two and it will be fine...

Sorry about having to cut out on the game early last night, Grammy had an episode of vertigo last night. Her first in her life and I believe brought on by a flu bug she has been battling, but concerning nonetheless.

I was more than a little concerned last night, I can tell you that...

suncat05
03-31-2016, 08:20 AM
Prayers for Grammy's full & complete recovery.

suncat05
03-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Pappy, when my beautiful bride first arrived here from the Philippines, she developed a bad case of vertigo. It was so severe that it caused her to have to be bedridden and tremendous nausea with vomiting. Turns out it was a very bad inner ear infection. It really, really made her ill.

BigBluePappy
03-31-2016, 11:55 AM
I believe it was just the flu that go the best of her.
She has promised to see her sawbones about it, just to make sure...

When something happens to the much better half of you, well all I can say is, it isn't a pretty sight.

dan_bgblue
03-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Pappy, I know you will but take care Grammy. As you know even mild cases of vertigo can cause her to lose her balance and fall no matter were she is. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Good to know you were just joshing about the potato peels as they are as bad as bubble gum to get out of a keyboard.

BigBluePappy
03-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Well, when it hit her, the very first thing I did was take my test kit and check her blood sugar.
That was not it.
It was not her BP either.
Funny, but you have one little stroke and you would be amazed at what you have around the house...
So I asked her if it was just being "swimmy headed". Maybe from trying to get up too fast.

She then told me it was like, when I would tell her of some of my exploits in my younger days, having the bed spins, on steroids. That she was nauseated, and afraid to try to move anywhere for fear of falling. That sounded like the closest thing to vertigo I could think of.

She has shown no ill effects today, and I have kept a pretty close watch on her. I appreciate y'alls prayers, thoughts and concerns.
Now if I can just hide the yard from her for a couple of more days...

CitizenBBN
04-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Oh man, i hate the bed spins. That's the thing that usually talks me out of drinking too much, I get them bad when I get hammered and I really hate it.

Glad it seems to have just been one of those things and hope it's all in the past for you both.

As for the yard, tell her it was kids vandalizing it b/c they know how meticulous you are with the mowing.

BigBluePappy
04-02-2016, 06:45 AM
Her sister and brother in law are up from East Tennessee for B-I-L 60th birthday and she seems to be doing fine.
You can bet I will keep a close eye on her.
As for the yard, she already saw, I can listen to the game but no streaming of it while I am working on the yard.
In her defense, I got pretty far off in a short period...