PDA

View Full Version : Want my sex scattered, smothered and covered

Darrell KSR
11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Waffle House CEO accused of sexual harrassment. Purportedly harrassment that lasted for nearly 10 years before the woman resigned this year.

Now, first of all--I usually have an opposite stance from many in that I have spoken to many women who have been victims of sexual abuse, and it is not, in my experience, unusual at all for this to be hidden or tolerated for a long period of time, many years. I am familiar with one who tolerated it for nearly 20 years (and admitted by the accused). In addition, I do not generally believe that they do it for money or continue it for that--they do it for fear.

HAVING SAID THAT, the reason I post this isn't about the underlying allegations--which may be completely false; I'm not suggesting they are truthful at all.

Instead, it is about the AP's policy--new to me--of not publishing the name of the accuser of sexual harrassment. I am aware in cases of rape, but I have not seen it before in situations like this.

IN ADDITION, the AP manages to find relevant, somehow, that the CEO of Waffle House, the alleged harrasser, is a donor to Mitt Romney's campaign.

Really? You're going to publish that as relevant, but not going to publish the name of the accuser?

I get that you don't want to have a chilling effect on accusers coming forward. But seriously, does not publishing the name in a very high profile case cause someone working at Joe's Plumbing to come forward now, where they wouldn't before? I don't think so, and I am a huge advocate for sexual abuse and harrassment victims.

And the wholly irrelevant campaign contribution nonsense? Like this link said, would they have done that had he been a large contributer to President Obama's campaign?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/11/09/ap-wont-print-name-sex-harassment-accuser-waffle-house-ceo-prints-ceos-r