PDA

View Full Version : Netflix vs Prime

KentuckyWildcat
03-23-2016, 04:59 PM
I didn't want this to derail the other thread.

We watch very little TV in general. We have Netflix, mostly for my daughter and the educational programming. But she is not real interested yet, but I'm sure she will be.

So Prime guys. Tell me why I should pay for or switch to Prime. Or maybe why I should not.

I know you get other benefits from Prime but I'm mostly curious about the TV programming difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KSRBEvans
03-24-2016, 08:12 AM
^It reads like you don't have Prime yet. If not, you can do a free trial and see if it's for you.

Prime has a lot of stuff that Netflix has, but also a lot of things which Netflix doesn't. Many (most?) HBO original programming is on Prime. They don't have Game of Thrones, but they have The Wire, The Sopranos, and many others (http://amazonadviser.com/2016/01/05/amazon-primes-best-kept-secret-hbo-shows/). They have a lot of good Prime original programming, such as Mozart In The Jungle, Transparent and The Man In The High Castle. They have a lot of PBS Masterpiece programming that's not on Netflix, such as Downton Abbey, Poldark, Mr. Selfridge and Indian Summers. And I'm finding a lot of docs on Prime that I can't find elsewhere, like The World At War.

What we do is pay for Netflix and use Prime, too. We keep Prime for the shipping but also like the other services, such as streaming video, Amazon Music, and Kindle Lenders Library.

ukblue
03-26-2016, 07:27 PM
Netflix and Prime have a one month trial going on now. Sign up for both.

badrose
03-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Prime gets you a lot more than video. Amazon gets you free 2-day shipping on just about everything. If you have a 4K TV their videos are better than most (but not all) of Netflix offerings. Get both.

Padukacat
03-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Netflix has more to offer in regard to shows but Amazon owns the world in regard to the 2 day free shipping on items listed as prime items, so you should get both.