PDA

View Full Version : Foundation work

jazyd
11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
In central Miss there is a soil if you can call it that called Yazoo Clay that moves with the drought and the rain. I finally had to give up and have my foundation fixed this past 3 weeks and so far I am out $17,000 with a little more to go,maybe another $1000. And then I will have to have the inside painted at some point but for now it is okay.
Had to raise one end of my house 6.5" to get almost to level. Then had 14 yards, 2 cement truckloads, of grout pumped under the foundation to give the foundation something between it and the dirt.
6 holes were dug inside the house, dirt and grit everywhere and dont' know if we will ever get it all cleaned up.
Yard is a mess but will tackle that in the spring when things dry out again

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but botht he houses I have bought in Miss have had this. The first house we sold as is for what we owed on it. It was 1550 sq feet and dropped 12.5" from the den to the back bedroom.

KSRdallen
11-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm amazed at the shape of the roads in Jackson because of the effects of Yazoo clay. Near the medical center are some really bad spots. Hope the end is in sight for your repair work!

jazyd
11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Has to be David, I am out of money LOL

I'm amazed at the shape of the roads in Jackson because of the effects of Yazoo clay. Near the medical center are some really bad spots. Hope the end is in sight for your repair work!

Darrell KSR
11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
For $18k of repair work, I would just tell everybody in my house to lean to the right a little...

CitizenBBN
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
For $18 dollars of repair work, I would just tell everybody in my house to lean to the right a little...

Fixed. :tongue08:

Darrell KSR
11-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Still too high :).