PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm.....Beer. Beer Thread Part II Electric Boogaloo

PedroDaGr8
11-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Tonight I'm sitting down to a dinner of grilled cheese sandwich (whole wheat bread and blue marble jack cheese) and drinking a Green Flash Barleywine. All I can say is if you love hops, this beer is REALLLLLY hoppy.

I'm not quite sure of what I think about this beer. It's VERY strong, a bit sweet and heavily hoppy. If you like hops this beer is right up your alley.

Darrell KSR
11-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I wish I would have more dinners like that. Sounds terrific.

dan_bgblue
11-12-2012, 09:31 PM
You know me Pedro, hops is not my thing, and a grilled cheese sandwich has to have yellow cheese.:trink39:

I did have bottle of Sam Adams Octoberfest last week with a killer pizza. Pizza was awesome, and the Sam was better than I remembered. Not bad at all

CitizenBBN
11-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Don't drink much beer these days. Vodka works faster.

Is Velveeta a yellow cheese or an orange cheese?

dan_bgblue
11-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Yes

Darrell KSR
11-13-2012, 06:35 AM
My grilled cheese is two slices of bread warmed under my arm-pit with a can of cheez-it spray.

badrose
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
My grilled cheese is two slices of bread warmed under my arm-pit with a can of cheez-it spray.

2, 479 posts and counting, folks!:sign0141:

CitizenBBN
11-13-2012, 08:13 AM
2, 479 posts and counting, folks!:sign0141:

There's no way he's not cheating his post count. I post 3-4 times on here every night in my sleep and he still, as if by magic, has more posts than me. I have no life, he has 17 kids. The math just doesn't add up.

Badinage
11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Just finished a Southern Tier Harvest Ale. Had a Great Lakes IPA with dinner.

ladycat92
11-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Broke interstate trafficking laws the other day with the Yuengling run I made.

badrose
11-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Nice to see you around. Wish you'd stick around and post more. We like having you here.

KSRdallen
11-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Lawyers have conquered cloning . . . :sign0141:

There's no way he's not cheating his post count. I post 3-4 times on here every night in my sleep and he still, as if by magic, has more posts than me. I have no life, he has 17 kids. The math just doesn't add up.

Darrell KSR
11-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Come in for the Mercedes Marathon again this year and remember Alabama sells Yuengling. Just sayin'.

Darrell KSR
11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Lawyers have conquered cloning . . . :sign0141:

There's a "according to their billing records" joke there somewhere...

ladycat92
11-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Come in for the Mercedes Marathon again this year and remember Alabama sells Yuengling. Just sayin'.

That's actually where I had my first Yuegling, Darrell. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the race - Wasn't a big fan of the course, course support, or the race hotel which was the Sheraton and was an absolute cluster. Didn't help that it was the coldest day of the year in Bham....21 degrees when the race started. 21! Nothing like a cup full of frozen gatorade to rehydrate you midrace, not that they could have done anything about it.

ladycat92
11-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Nice to see you around. Wish you'd stick around and post more. We like having you here.

Incredibly busy at work. My boss got a promotion and somehow I got busier. :Christz_pillepalle: I do read when I can, but I don't post much of anywhere anymore.

Darrell KSR
11-23-2012, 11:31 AM
That's actually where I had my first Yuegling, Darrell. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the race - Wasn't a big fan of the course, course support, or the race hotel which was the Sheraton and was an absolute cluster. Didn't help that it was the coldest day of the year in Bham....21 degrees when the race started. 21! Nothing like a cup full of frozen gatorade to rehydrate you midrace, not that they could have done anything about it.

Despite "averages" being to the contrary, I remember several Mercedes Marathon days being very cold or rainy. They have had very poor luck with weather. (Although I haven't run in it, my kids have done the "kids version," where they run the final mile of the marathon they started in school P.E. some days previous). The Sheraton downtown...well, it's downtown. That's the best you can say for it!

ladycat92
11-23-2012, 03:08 PM
It was beautiful the day before. Seriously, I walked around in shorts and long t-shirt. The front that came through over night was just brutal.

PedroDaGr8
06-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Right now I am drinking a Stone Stochasticity Project: Quadro Triticale. The Stochasticity project from Stone, the makers of Angry Bastard Ale and other hop bombs, is their more experimental line of beers. This one is their take on a Belgian Quadrupel Ale, they use Triticale which gives a hybrid wheat/rye characteristic to the drink. It's surprisingly tasty and not too hoppy. Hops fall in line, though maybe to the high side, of what I would expect from a quadrupel. The flavor is unmistakably Belgian influenced but with a sweet and spicy rye note that actually fills it out QUITE nicely. This is a REALLY enjoyable beer. I'm finding it a bit sad that the bottle is almost finished right now as I type. It's a very very satisfying beer that grows on your more and more the deeper in the bottle you go. This isn't always true with some of the stuff Stone makes. It's quite frankly a VERY enjoyable beer.

Doc
06-08-2014, 05:01 PM

Neither, its not a cheese at all. Is some type of chemical mistake.

I fancy Abbot Ale, with Greene Kings being my favorite. Tough to find here in FL. I also recently had some of Lexington's own Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale which was quite good.

BigBluePappy
06-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Doc, The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is my new favorite when we cook out; haven't found a damn thing it doesn't pair well with.

Doc
06-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Doc, The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is my new favorite when we cook out; haven't found a damn thing it doesn't pair well with.

When we went to the SEC touney we stayed at the Continental in Buckhead which has a bourbon bar. One afternoon I wasn't in the bourbon mood, but rather in a beer mood. They had it on tap so I gave it a whirl. Really like it. Odd that I had to go to Atlanta to get it! Not been able to find it here in S. FL but next time I'm up in Lexington I'll pick up a case or 5. One of the guys I play guitar with does that with "Little Kings" so I owe him some "good" beers in return (he is a Cincy guy)--at least he doesn't drink Hudepohl

PedroDaGr8
06-08-2014, 10:18 PM
When we went to the SEC touney we stayed at the Continental in Buckhead which has a bourbon bar. One afternoon I wasn't in the bourbon mood, but rather in a beer mood. They had it on tap so I gave it a whirl. Really like it. Odd that I had to go to Atlanta to get it! Not been able to find it here in S. FL but next time I'm up in Lexington I'll pick up a case or 5. One of the guys I play guitar with does that with "Little Kings" so I owe him some "good" beers in return (he is a Cincy guy)--at least he doesn't drink Hudepohl

It's funny, that's my bosses favorite beer. He tried it in Tallahassee and freaking loved it. So last time I went to KY I brought back two four packs for him. He still has one beer left he's saving for a rainy day. It truly is an awesome beer.

Doc
06-08-2014, 10:25 PM
It's funny, that's my bosses favorite beer. He tried it in Tallahassee and freaking loved it. So last time I went to KY I brought back two four packs for him. He still has one beer left he's saving for a rainy day. It truly is an awesome beer.

I'm surprise at how much bourbon flavor they get out of the barrels. I expected a hint of bourbon but not the case. Really has a strong bourbon flavor but not the bourbon (or any spirit) burn.

kingcat
06-11-2014, 05:11 PM
http://youtu.be/8i5k4I1AOEI