PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an opinion on DirecTV?

Thedonnie123
02-25-2016, 12:01 PM
I have just had it with Time Warner. 5+ years of a terrible product and abysmal customer service will do that.

Only other viable option is DirecTV with AT&T Internet. Anyone have anecdotes?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

badrose
02-25-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm very satisfied with Dish. Same service but they fight to keep the prices down. Is AT&T U-Verse available?

Thedonnie123
02-25-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm very satisfied with Dish. Same service but they fight to keep the prices down. Is AT&T U-Verse available?

Sadly, no. My parents have U-Verse and I love it. I can either have TWC or DirecTV, or I guess Dish, but I haven't seen anyone in my condo complex with it. I'll have to ask around.

PedroDaGr8
02-25-2016, 01:48 PM
I have just had it with Time Warner. 5+ years of a terrible product and abysmal customer service will do that.

I have learned th only way to get Comcast off their ass is to email their entire executive board (but only after trying the normal channels and having them screw up, which they invariably do). I found a long list of email addresses for comcast execs (60+ different people). About 1/3 or more bounce back but the rest end up somewhere and last time I had a problem, it worked and it worked WELL. I had no less than five different depts follow up with me for the next month. I had a personalized executive customer support person who actively followed up with me to ensure everything was taking care of. On top of that, they sent a top tier tech (actual Comcast employee not a contractor) out to my house to take care of my problems.

jazyd
02-25-2016, 07:24 PM

I have had Direct for 14 years, no complaints at al. Only thing in a heavy downpour you will lose the signal until it slacks.

KentuckyWildcat
02-25-2016, 07:40 PM
I had better customer service with Direct than Dish. But I'm sure someone else will tell you the opposite from their experience.

If I had to complain about Direct, it was that their hardware was slow, but I understand they have improved that. I only dropped them b/c we don't watch TV really. So I bundled with Comcast to save money knowing Comcast TV stinks.

blueboss
02-25-2016, 09:12 PM
I fired Dish 12 years ago for multiple service issues and have had Direct ever since, no complaints other than the stormy weather issue you get with any satellite provider.

Put me down as your referral... I asked first😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
02-25-2016, 10:47 PM
I know I've heard way more good things about DirecTV than not. Dish, I've seen more mixed. U-Verse, seems to be either very hot on them, or a little cold. I have U-Verse, and like it, but I'm not sure I love it. But I think I'd say that about any of them.

suncat05
02-26-2016, 06:59 AM
I have had DirecTV since 2005. Except for the price they charge, I can't complain. Customer service, for the infrequent times that I might have to call for help has been pretty good. And thank goodness for that, because where I live out here in the wilderness, they and Dish are my ONLY two options.

Thedonnie123
02-26-2016, 10:19 AM
The rain concern is the main reason I've avoided satellite services. At this point all of the negatives for TWC outweigh it now, though.

suncat05
02-26-2016, 12:21 PM
It has to be raining really hard, and the cloud cover has to be extremely thick for you to lose the picture now. It still happens under those circumstances, but not as frequently as it used to. At least around here.

CGWildcat
02-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Agree with this about DirecTV. Service both on the phone and in person has been, dare I say, exceptional (for today's world at least). Never had issues, and hooked up with them I think 2003. One thing I do remember, the few times I've had to call customer service, 98% of the time, I've gotten an English first language person, regardless of the accent.

It has to be raining really hard, and the cloud cover has to be extremely thick for you to lose the picture now. It still happens under those circumstances, but not as frequently as it used to. At least around here.

catmanjack
02-27-2016, 10:04 PM
The price is the main concern, have looked at other options but with needing the Internet the cost is about the same.

kingcat
02-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Yes. my opinion of...of...of...of dish is.................................

............**AQUIRING SIGNAL**

dan_bgblue
02-28-2016, 12:44 PM
We have had Dish service for a long time. I honestly can not remember how long. Our service is great outside of the before mentioned heavy thunderstorm issues. We get a lot of offers from Direct, we get the channels we want from Dish at a lesser cost than Direct would charge. The Hopper feature from Dish works great, and since I travel quite often requiring overnight stays, the ability to jump on the net and watch all prerecorded programs from our DVR, plus being able to watch ESPN3 and our Cats is something I do not want to be without.

KeithKSR
03-01-2016, 05:47 PM
I've had Directv continuously since '94 or '95. Service has been good over the years. The price differential between Directv and Dish is giving me a real incentive to change services.

KSRdallen
03-01-2016, 06:17 PM
We have had Dish service for a long time. I honestly can not remember how long. Our service is great outside of the before mentioned heavy thunderstorm issues. We get a lot of offers from Direct, we get the channels we want from Dish at a lesser cost than Direct would charge. The Hopper feature from Dish works great, and since I travel quite often requiring overnight stays, the ability to jump on the net and watch all prerecorded programs from our DVR, plus being able to watch ESPN3 and our Cats is something I do not want to be without.

This exactly for me as well. We've had Dish since 1999 and love it.