PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training

catmanjack
02-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Thinking about a week of spring training, anyone in the know where would be a central area to catch as many games and teams as possible.
Also any good or bad experiences?

dan_bgblue
02-16-2016, 07:34 AM
I think you will find most of the info, other than first hand accounts from folks here, you are looking for at the link.

http://floridagrapefruitleague.com/

Looks like the Clearwater/Sarasota/Bradenton area would make a good home base to see a lot of games and different teams

Darrell KSR
02-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Friend of mine/ex-boss used to go to Sarasota or somewhere in the vicinity every year for spring training. I think he still does, although he moved to Miami and it's a lot closer.

Interesting guy. Head of the litigation department, during the summer in his younger days, he'd have his underlings take time off every day during the Barons' home games, and then meet him later to go over their cases. Why? Because he was throwing batting practice for the Barons (Birmingham's AA minor league team).

Every baseball fan I know that has ever made the trip loves it. I've never really thought about it--nobody in my family, other than me, is a big baseball fan.

I hope you get a chance to do it, catmanjack. If you do, please post your experiences. Maybe some day...

KentuckyWildcat
02-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Good idea. I've not thought about doing this. I definitely want to go back to Siesta Key.

catmanjack
02-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info, really thinking about it hard this year.

Catonahottinroof
02-17-2016, 09:32 AM
I plan on a month in Jupiter Florida in the future to see my Cardinals :)

suncat05
02-17-2016, 12:57 PM
I used to go to see the Dodgers when they were still in Vero Beach, and when I was working in Orlando I would stop in Haines City too for a game. I've been to Port Saint Lucie for Mets games, and have been to Tampa for Yankees games as well.

jazyd
02-17-2016, 01:15 PM
I plan on a month in Jupiter Florida in the future to see my Cardinals :)

I am jealous