PDA

View Full Version : I hope to not offend anyone with my thoughts on this

dan_bgblue
02-08-2016, 08:59 PM
California issues 650,000 driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants in 2015

Linkage
(http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/02/08/california-issues-650000-driver-licenses-to-undocumented-immigrants-in-2015/?intcmp=hplnws)

Having a drivers license in this country is not a right, it is a privilege. That privilege can be taken away from a person for any variety of offenses, and a person has to be of legal age and go thru a probation period before the license is issued to them, which i am not sure is the case here.

It is my opinion that a person must be a citizen of this country to be issued a drivers license which can be a permanent document if renewed timely. The only thing the undocumented squatters have done to "earn" the license is to enter the country illegally and pretend to be a citizen and lobby the government of this country for the "right".

ShoesSwayedBlue
02-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Absolutely agree.

CitizenBBN
02-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Not going to offend me. I love how groups are lobbying to not call illegal aliens "illegal", that it somehow stigmatizes them.

Well, uh, YEAH DUH!!! I get why you might flee a horrible home and come to the USA to find a better life, but if you do it by sneaking in at 3am hiding from border patrol, you are here illegally, no way to sugarcoat that IMO, and more to the point no reason to sugarcoat it either.

I'm too tired to get into the whole immigration problem, even though I do think there's a solution (I know it's a good one b/c neither side will be in love with it), but the basic problem is we've avoided having a clear, actually implemented policy for so many decades that it's now so backward in so many ways even the answers don't make much sense.

Doc
02-09-2016, 08:33 AM
All I'll add is that its California so its no surprise.

suncat05
02-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Ahhhhhhh, the enigma that is Commiefornia..........supposedly a state belonging to the American Republic, yet a state that doesn't act like it is part of our nation, except when it "might" suit its needs.

There are a lot of good people that live there. Some of them are my wife's family, one or two of our members here as well. But the inmates are running the asylum. Taxes there are outrageous, the state legislature spends money that their great-great grandchildren won't be able to pay off those debts, it is hard to own a gun there, their environmental laws are excessively stringent, labor unions control everything, the current Governor's nickname is 'Moonbeam', maybe it used to be Paradise, but certainly not anymore.

jazyd
02-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Feds should but won't, cut off all federal funds

UKHistory
02-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Seems to me that by issuing 650,000 drivers licenses to illegals, we know exactly 650,000 people are (and probably more) that need to be deported.

Follow the law. I am all for immigrants and immigration. But answer me this: What percentage of crime is committed by illegal aliens? What percentage of illegal aliens are taken to the ER? What percentage of iilegal aliens bring infectious diseases to the country.

CitizenBBN
02-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Seems to me that by issuing 650,000 drivers licenses to illegals, we know exactly 650,000 people are (and probably more) that need to be deported.

It would sure seem that way woudln't it? They show up at a government office and say "hi I'm here illegally" and our response is to give them a license?

It's like when Hollywood stars go on TV and admit to their drug use. They just admitted to committing a crime. If it's some kid on the street he's busted, but a movie star goes on TV and confesses to the same thing and it's OK. Huh?

I'm actually for some kind of reform that doesn't involve mass deportations and basically the national guard going door to door to round people up, but at the same time we can't just ignore the law. We need to change the law, not ignore it and start treating illegals like they aren't for purposes of licenses and other things. Just fix the law from top to bottom.

suncat05
02-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Your last paragraph states the problem as it is right now. It also illustrates the lack of political will to do it.
We are on the brink of something very, very bad happening in our country, to us, the American people, because these scumbag politicians in Washington D.C. don't give a damn about protecting US. And whenever it happens, their answer will be more useless regulations, more taxes, more of whatever it is that isn't and hasn't been working and just won't work.
I am not convinced that Donald Trump has the right answers. To be truthful, I am not sure I trust the guy. Actually, I don't trust any of them. If their lips are moving, they're lying. They're politicians, they lie for a living, and that's all they do. Except for Obama, he wasn't lying when he said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" America. THAT was the only true thing that guy has ever said.
I am not opposed to immigration. I am the son of an immigrant from Sicily. My wife and kids are immigrants from the Philippines, and both my Dad, his parents, and my family all came here LEGALLY. It's hard to do, putting up with all of the bullyang from the USCIS and paying all of what seems like the never ending fees, and the casual, uncaring mistakes made by low tier government employees which ends up costing you MORE MONEY, but we did it, and my Dad became an American citizen, as did my grandparents, as well as my wife and kids. It wasn't easy, but we navigated the maze that is the law/rules of the USCIS and made it.
But this nonsense of completely disregarding our own laws? This is one of the things that will ultimately destroy our country, the brazen and lawless disregard for the protection of AMERICAN CITIZENS over illegal criminals.
When it all goes "south", it's going to be ugly. And deadly.