PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Feature of the New Forum?

Jeeepcat
08-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Mine is being able to subscribe to threads - no doubt.

I can just pop over to "settings" to check on the threads I have posted in - reply to the threads I'm already active in - then I go check out the other forums.

To turn this feature on - go to:

Settings > General Settings (lower LH side) > Default Thread Subscription Mode (under Messaging and notification)

I have selected "Through my control panel only"

Darrell KSR
08-19-2012, 07:02 PM
I have not tried that feature yet, Jeeep...but I can see that being VERY handy, too.

How about National Signing Day, subscribing to a thread where the new signees are being announced?

Or when you are expecting a basketball recruit to announce?

Game Thread? Man, it could be very useful.

For me, I have 2 favorite features...one is the easy embedding/uploading of videos and photos, and the 2nd is the uber-efficient posting of stories to the Front Page.

My 3rd favorite for "fun" is just the mobile platform in general. I am on my phone now, as I often am, and the surfing and reading here is terrific.

TonyRay
08-19-2012, 07:38 PM
I like the video link being able to watch video right there in the thread.

jazyd
08-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I have no idea what ya'll are talking about.:confused:

CitizenBBN
08-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Once we set up for Forum Runner on the phone it does push notifications on subscribed threads. Kinda cool.

LarryVaught1
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Forum is so advance I need Darrell to make trip to Danville to show me how it all works. I know how to post, but about it right now. Then again, that's about all I usually know is the bare minimum when it comes to technology

Catonahottinroof
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
How can this forum be made more blue? Is it something I can change in my profile?

Darrell KSR
08-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm working on a trip, Larry. It is so easy even I know how to do some things.

Some very cool stuff.

CitizenBBN
08-19-2012, 10:19 PM
How can this forum be made more blue? Is it something I can change in my profile?

I'm putting together a new template that has the right color scheme. Takes a while b/c this thing has very fine control of coloration so lots of places to set and check. Also want UK specific icons for everything.

CitizenBBN
08-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Forum is so advance I need Darrell to make trip to Danville to show me how it all works. I know how to post, but about it right now. Then again, that's about all I usually know is the bare minimum when it comes to technology

I'll all be covered in the Vegas training seminar. :D

Catonahottinroof
08-19-2012, 10:27 PM
By far the best feature is the mobile client, and no ridiculous flash ads to absorb my data plan.

BarristerCat
08-19-2012, 10:28 PM
The button that skips me to the first unread post in a thread. Hands down. It makes me so happy I smile in my sleep.

BigBlueBrock
08-19-2012, 10:45 PM
WYSIWYG editor, most definitely.

PJ4UK
08-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Heck, I'm still exploring! I need to try the Subscribe to Thread thingy. Sounds awesome.

I love the embedded video/photo feature...AND the Jump-To-The-First-Unread-Post feature. Being able to post pics from my hard drive is awesome!

I want to explore the Photo Albums feature. I have some photos of KSR get-togethers I'm thinking of posting....they are older pictures, but they are still great!!

Jeeepcat
08-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Chuck is the photo album feature available yet? I tried to find it before and couldn't - or i did once and couldn't again.

jazyd
08-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Thank you Larry. I may move my trip up to BHam just to spend time with Darrell to learn this stuff.

MickintheHam
08-20-2012, 09:26 AM

I didn't know the Red Rooster was a WiFi hot spot.

blueboss
08-20-2012, 06:49 PM
:cool:The best part of the new forum is the migration of the folks from the old forum.:cool: