PDA

View Full Version : Website advice

CGWildcat
01-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Would appreciate some advice on revamping my website. I've discussed with my designer and my current setup with a photocrati theme is very difficult to navigate on the back end. Plus, its a bit daunting on my end to manage without screwing it up and taking a lot of my designer's time.

I'm thinking of going to a more modern sleek look, with my blog links on the side. Putting a grid of my photos on pages and really highlighting my lifestyle portraits with the "Golden Legacy Photos ~ Authentic Senior Portraits" being front and center.

http://bluevinesphotography.com/

Any suggestions, ideas, improvements are greatly appreciated! And just to keep you interested....here's another pic....

Thanks,
Roger

dan_bgblue
01-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Fist of all, your last pic is a real indicator that your need to relocate.

My only comment on the website is that I would suck at designing them as I only know what I like when I see it and what I like is not an indicator of what the majority of folks would like to see. I absolutely hate slide shows on any website. Send me to a page of large thumbnails and let me pick and choose without the slide show. jmho

CGWildcat
01-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Good to know! Thanks for that. My designer is pushing to go with thumbnails/grid style also.