PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious, the gift that keeps on giving

dan_bgblue
01-20-2016, 03:00 PM
El Chapo (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/20/rifle-capable-taking-down-helicopter-found-at-el-chapo-hideout-purchased-through-fast-and-furious-program.html?intcmp=hplnws)

CitizenBBN
01-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Yep. Those agents let almost 3 dozen .50 cal rifles walk way, the same rifle Obama proposed banning outright back in 2010. We know most of those guns were going to the Sinaloa cartel, both here and across the border, and they just let them walk right out the door.

KeithKSR
01-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Federal judge has also rejected Obama's executive privilege claims in Fast & Furious case as well. The judge was an Obama appointee.

suncat05
01-21-2016, 08:16 AM
And still, not one ATF agent or political hack has been indicted, arrested, or served one single day in jail. I guess it's a good thing to be above the law. At least that is certainly the way it apears from my seat in the peanut gallery.

CitizenBBN
01-21-2016, 09:50 PM
And still, not one ATF agent or political hack has been indicted, arrested, or served one single day in jail. I guess it's a good thing to be above the law. At least that is certainly the way it apears from my seat in the peanut gallery.

Yep. If some dealer had done those things on his own he'd be in jail for life, but since it was a bunch of bureaucrats all they get is reassigned within the agency for a few years.

dan_bgblue
01-22-2016, 09:01 PM
I think it is just one more piece of evidence that our federal government has gone rogue.

dan_bgblue
03-16-2016, 09:09 PM
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/03/16/fast-furious-guns-tracked-to-police-killings-el-chapo-hideout-atf-confirms/?intcmp=hplnws

CitizenBBN
03-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Someone will win the "last post wins" thread before we're done posting updates to this one.

suncat05
03-17-2016, 09:48 AM
And in the end, the only thing that is going to be done about any of this will be the burials of the victims killed by the cartels with these guns. Not one federal bureaucrat will spend a day in jail, get indicted, or lose their jobs over this. And oh, yeah, the bureaucrats will get to retire with their government pensions while the dead people rot in their graves and their families continue to mourn their losses.

It must be great to have a job where there is zero accountability to the people you serve.

Doc
03-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Between this, the e-mail scandal, Bengazi, the IRS and the delays associated with them, I wonder why the rush to get a SCOTUS nomination thru. I means shouldn't the confirmation of a US Supreme Court Justice take as long?

suncat05
03-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Rightfully, it should. As it stands now. It's a permanent lifetime appointment. In a position that is not only powerful, and whose decisions can be and are many times life altering for its citizens, yes, absolutely that future Justice should be vetted by every means available. No matter how long it takes.
So it takes as long as it takes. Or should. However, we have spineless politicians involved who ultimately will do whatever benefits themselves before the average American Joe & Jane. I have zero faith in the US Senate to do what is right by the American people.
And the DC political machine wonder why we average Americans despise them so much? And yes, they really are that out of touch with us and that stupid!

dan_bgblue
04-08-2016, 06:05 PM
It only took the administration 4 years to partial comply with the original request and subsequent court ordered subpoena.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/08/politics/obama-administration-turns-over-fast-and-furious-documents/index.html